Week 1 of the Playoffs: Elizabethton at Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

"Finally Fulton will have something to talk about next week when they play Catholic in the 2nd Round of the playoffs-get your kleenex ready Fulton."

We'll just tell Elizabethton to stay home. We're not worthy, We're not worthy...

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/240424-fulton-week-11/?p=3255777

Edited by CyclonePrider

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Finally Fulton will have something to talk about next week when they play Catholic in the 2nd Round of the playoffs-get your kleenex ready Fulton."

We'll just tell Elizabethton to stay home. We're not worthy, We're not worthy...

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/240424-fulton-week-11/?p=3255777

Elizabethton is a good team and Catholic knows it will have its hands full Friday night. Here in Knoxville there's too much talk about a game that's not even guaranteed of happening. Last Sunday the News Sentinel wrote an article about a collision course between Catholic and Fulton. On High School Heroes they've talked about this potential game too. There is a little matter of first round games. Elizabethton and Scott County "didn't get dressed up for nothing" (sorry I love the movie Braveheart) and will come READY to play. If the Irish and and the Falcons are overlooking or buying into this hype, they could be at basketball practice on Monday. To all the Cyclone fans be careful on the way down and dress warm. It's going to be a cold one brrr. Edited by QSouth89

If 'it's and buts" were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas. Catholic wins BIG Friday night. Then bring on Fulton. They are not nearly as good of a team as Alcoa.

The Leprechauns must have got confused when they only LOST to Alcoa by 7 as there that team I promise lil buddy Fulton ain't what you want!

Translation: some KC posters are braging about a LOSS no matter who it was or by how many it is still a L... And he is saying catholic better come ready if we meet because it will be a tough battle... I Got You big SPLO...

I don't think they are bragging.  I think they are trying to make the point that they were not "man-handled" as bad as the Alcoa people are saying.  In other words, we have Catholic and Alcoa people who can't move on. I for one hope we are focused on Elizabethton.  

I don't think they are bragging. I think they are trying to make the point that they were not "man-handled" as bad as the Alcoa people are saying. In other words, we have Catholic and Alcoa people who can't move on. I for one hope we are focused on Elizabethton.

I can respect that but you know how those Alcoa posters are lol... They are the only ppl I know who don't give respect to any team outside Alcoa... But as for tonight i got catholic by 14 in a tough game tonight...

Edited by FHSalumn12

I can respect that but you know how those Alcoa posters are lol... They are the only ppl I know who don't give respect to any team outside Alcoa... But as for tonight u got catholic by 14 in a tough game tonight...

Catholic by a TD.  I think Elizabethton comes out running the ball with Thomas and playing keep away.  Someone posted the team with fewest mistakes wins.  I have to agree Catholic can't extend drives with penalties.

Edited by QSouth89

BVDevil.... Oh I agree with you. My statement was to reflect "how good" we would've been. Still think Betsy has a little more ground to cover to be a true contender in whatever class they are in whether it be 3A or 4A. Coaches have done a okay job but not great. I support the Cyclones deeply but I'm a realist too and we aren't there yet! Most good programs .... ok great programs that win state or a top contender for state each year have that "it" factor and swag and drive to win. It's easy as.., Fulton, Geeneville, Maryville and Alcoa. When you make it you have a mental toughness and you believe and expect to win. Those type teams say "we're going to win..." Our guys say...."we might win....or we could win." That's just one area I see where Betsy needs to improve. Getting better takes time. We have great talent yearly but I don't see that talent developed like other programs. So, good luck in the playoffs for your Devils. Always enjoy reading your posts.

betsys biggest problem is its competition...in 4a you have the obvious stumbling blocks...south, greenies, fulton and so on, but drop down to 3a and it might just get even tougher for the clones to make it out of knoxville.....TORNADOS generally do more damage the cyclones i beleive.....lol...but good luck man, give the catalicks heck....no pun intended