Week 1 of the Playoffs: Elizabethton at Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Catholic fans quiten down about dominating because after tonight, Fulton wins Round 2. KC had us outmanned, their line stuffed Thomas who couldn't get much because their D-line crushed our O-line so no running lanes. We drive at the end with a big 4th conversion and choke at the 15yrd line with an interception. It was a good game, a shame I couldn't make it but hopefully everyone stayed warm lol Good luck against Fulton.

2 things that I think changed the game. We didn't score on that kick return and had to settle for 3. And we threw that last int on the 15 yrds line. ET wasn't a factor but yet we still hung in there.

I thought the block FG by Elizabethton right before the half was big for momentum. It was a really good game. Way too many penalties. I predicted the Irish would win by 7. The QB for Elizabethton made plays with his legs. Edited by QSouth89

Catholic seemed to keep shooting themselves in the foot with TOs and penalties. Wasn't impressed with Thomas although you could see potential. Thought Tyson from Alcoa and Fox from Anderson County looked better. The QB had some great runs with us keying on Thomas. Elizabethton showed us several things we need to improve on and quickly. Game took almost three hours with all the penalties and injury stoppage. Sorry to see our sportsmanship questioned with dirty play. That's the first time I've heard that brought up. Hoping the njuries for both teams heal quickly! We will need Josh Silvey back to have any chance next week.

At least Catholic fans quiten down about dominating because after tonight, Fulton wins Round 2. KC had us outmanned, their line stuffed Thomas who couldn't get much because their D-line crushed our O-line so no running lanes. We drive at the end with a big 4th conversion and choke at the 15yrd line with an interception. It was a good game, a shame I couldn't make it but hopefully everyone stayed warm lol Good luck against Fulton.

You didn't watch the game yet your gona call a choke. Who do you think choked?if anybody choked it was Witten's play calling. Edited by Fan12

I'd have to agree with the Knox Coaching. I have never seen so many cheep shots, hitting after the whistle, way after the whistle in the back, chop blocks, foul language in a high school football game. They made Greeneville or Trezevant, look like Sants. Kids don't learn that on their own. That many times, they have to be coached that way. We have played other Knoxville teams, Alcoa, CAK. Much better teams. Other then that there are some good players, but if I was a college coach I'd never even look at kids that undisciplined. No way I'd ever let my kid play like that, I'd pull him off the field myself. Several should have been ejected.

Fulton wins the next one by 5 TD's

Edited by CyclonePrider