Oakdale at Sunbright

orngnblk

Something did. We kicked off and they hit a screen for a 1st then 3 & out. We drove and scored. Them another 3 & out. We drove inside the 5 then fumbled out of the back of the endzone just before the back went in for a touchback. It stayed 7-0 until middle of the 4th quarter and we added a score. Came out with a 14-0 win, both teams looked horrible.

Would have thought you guys would handle them up front opening holes for your backs to score quite a bit.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have thought you guys would handle them up front opening holes for your backs to score quite a bit.

We were mostly in a single WR set. They just played man with a corner and went 0 cover. Walked the other corner and both safeties into the box. We really never went to the pass much and were blocking 10 with 7. They brought a lot on blitz's every play and we really never tried to make them pay. Our 4th quarter TD was a pass. If we had went to the air we would've loosened them up or burnt them deep one but never really did.

I believe Oakdale had a very good season, and it should give the community something to rally around and build up.  Sunbright, IMO, just has better personnel than the Eagles.   Oakdale is going to have to do a good job neutralizing Sunbright's Offense, while finding the endzone on O.  I don't think they got enough to keep that from happening.  I think Sunbright wins 28-14.  Neither team is going to enjoy the trip to GB.....I can't see OnB having to get up from his recliner much except to celebrate GB touchdowns.  But.....strap'em on and play'em.....might as well settle it on the field....!

kazloo

I believe Oakdale had a very good season, and it should give the community something to rally around and build up.  Sunbright, IMO, just has better personnel than the Eagles.   Oakdale is going to have to do a good job neutralizing Sunbright's Offense, while finding the endzone on O.  I don't think they got enough to keep that from happening.  I think Sunbright wins 28-14.  Neither team is going to enjoy the trip to GB.....I can't see OnB having to get up from his recliner much except to celebrate GB touchdowns.  But.....strap'em on and play'em.....might as well settle it on the field....!

kazloo

That's why they play the game!

I believe Sunbright advances with no problem, the real challenge will be next week with the Cherokees. I watched the GCA game a few weeks back, Greenbacks got a great football team.

The key to beating greenback is limiting the big play. Coalfield did an excellent job of that for three qtrs but fell off in the fourth. Sunbright doesn't have the athletes to do this and I look forward to seeing the Cherokees in the quarters once again.