Dekalb Co @ Signal Mountain, 1st Rd of Playoffs in 4A

Iceman2000

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling Tigers keep it close in a really close one fought to the end and pull the big upset 24-21

It will be pretty sweet if you're right.

I think the folks on North Red Bank Mountain squeeze out the win in the first round and get the joy of playing one more game before it all ends. The Eaglets pull this one off. 31-22  :popcorneater:

Care to fill all us ignorant people in on the whole "North Red Bank Mountain" comments? I have seen several people refer to them as that.

I'm afraid this game will get out of hand. We can always hope, though.

This has been such a roller coaster year for us. We had an incredible team in 2012 full of talented seniors. Graduated every starter we had in every single position except maybe one. Last year we were expecting to take a massive hit from that.

We had a team of freshman and sophomores playing as starters including the QB and some WR's. We were very bleak leading up to the season, but something happened. We were actually pretty good. What was expected to be a down year turned out to be a playoff year to our surprise. We had a total of 3 seniors on the whole team. 3. So next year is going to be a great year, right?

Well here we are in 2014. We find out during the off season we lost our best running back (very fast and shifty) and fill him in with our current rb. A strong downhill runner. He's good, but the home run play was definitely taken away. We also lost various players such as our starting wr/db. He just decided not to play for some reason. Who knows? Then suffered some season ending injuries to top it all off and here we are. Having a fight just to get into the playoffs season when we were truly hoping to look very solid this year.

With that said, we are playing our best ball lately. It seems like our run game, and passing game have finally found a way to mesh. We do have a great sophomore qb in Jennings and a hard nosed runner in Boss. Our best wr just broke his ankle in the last game from what we are hearing. Best DL is probably getting surgery. Defense is playing great lately. They lack speed, though.