Class 2A Proposed Football Regions 2015-16

rocketman

The 2015-2016 regional football alignments shown below are recommendations prepared by the TSSAA staff.  They will be presented to the Board of Control on Thursday, November 13, 2014.  No part of these recommendations are final until approved by the Board of Control.

Region 1

Cosby

Cumberland Gap

Gatlinburg-Pittman

Hampton

Happy Valley

North Greene

South Greene

Sullivan North

Region 2

Austin-East

Grace Christian Academy

Oliver Springs

Rockwood

Sweetwater

Tellico Plains

Wartburg

Region 3

Bledsoe Co.

Boyd Buchanan

Brainerd

Marion Co.

Meigs Co.

Polk Co.

Silverdale Baptist Academy

Tyner Academy

Region 4

Cascade

Community

Eagleville

East Robertson

Forrest

Jackson Co.

Watertown

Westmoreland

Region 5

Decatur Co. Riverside

Hickman Co.

Lewis Co.

Loretto

Scotts Hill

Waverly

Region 6

Adamsville

Gibson Co.

Halls

Jackson Christian

McKenzie

Trinity Christian Academy

Region 7

Frederick Douglass

Hillcrest

Martin Luther King, Jr. Prep

Memphis Academy of Health Sciences

Trezevant

Region 8

Fairley

Manassas

Mitchell

Oakhaven

Westwood

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some people are complaining about how 4-6 teams are in the playoffs this year, but correct me if I'm wrong.  If i understand correctly, under this new systems the top 4 teams in each region will be in the playoffs.  That would mean that 2A regions 7 & 8 only have to win ONE game to qualify and the 32 largest scools in the state (the new 6A) ALL qualify for the playoffs even if they lose EVERY game.  Will someone PLEASE explain to me how this is a BETTER system.

I know some people are complaining about how 4-6 teams are in the playoffs this year, but correct me if I'm wrong. If i understand correctly, under this new systems the top 4 teams in each region will be in the playoffs. That would mean that 2A regions 7 & 8 only have to win ONE game to qualify and the 32 largest scools in the state (the new 6A) ALL qualify for the playoffs even if they lose EVERY game. Will someone PLEASE explain to me how this is a BETTER system.

It does seem screwy. Add that the privates probably split in 2years so it gets all jumbled up again.

Hate it for Jackson Co, no region games less than a hour away, some around 2.5 hours away. So dumb.

Hate to not sound sympathetic but 1 and 2A teams in the east side have drove over 2 and a half hours to the majority of their region games forever. In region 1 we have a good mix of travel we (Cosby) have 3 games at about 2 and a half 3 at about an hour and 1 at 20 minutes away. The 20 minute trip is one we would really rather not have against a current 3A team that is in the second round this year!! I like where we are even with that though ...time for us to grow up!

What I would like to see is which regions match up in playoffs. It is absurd that the 2 memphis regions would face off with each other. Especially since it only takes one win to qualify over there. If that was the case they put someone through to semis every year that may or may not deserve it.

I know there are some good teams in memphis but there are more bad than good

What concerns me most are finances...we are a young program with lots of needs. Facilities need to be built, team numbers are rising and equipment is inadequate, transportation cost will rise dramatically, and revenue will drop. The soon to be defunct district 15A teams traveled very well...JCS, TCA, A'ville, and Riverside games were all huge gates. Travel time will also be an issue... we are a working class community with most having to commute to their jobs, creating a rush to make games in our current district (significantly less than an hour every place except Middleton)...forward to the new region where an hour and a half travel time will be common, making it all but impossible.

A petition was submitted concerning the private/public split...all this change is just a diversion to postpone that decision, and in my opinion the large schools welfare was top priority...however the smaller divisions had to be placed in order to implement the "super 32" was of little consequence to the committee. 

I know some people are complaining about how 4-6 teams are in the playoffs this year, but correct me if I'm wrong. If i understand correctly, under this new systems the top 4 teams in each region will be in the playoffs. That would mean that 2A regions 7 & 8 only have to win ONE game to qualify and the 32 largest scools in the state (the new 6A) ALL qualify for the playoffs even if they lose EVERY game. Will someone PLEASE explain to me how this is a BETTER system.

It's not better for everyone. I've said it for years. Split the public and privates. Let the privates have 3 classes and the publics have 4.