Round 2 GCA at Hampton

gcapride

Guest Fall101

Realistically that was probably their dream come true, to finally beat us ol poor redneck hillbillies, they'll have a family gathering tonite to celebrate their biggest feat!

Hopefully the poor redneck hillbillies up at Oneida can knock them around!

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is this, we have a crew of volunteers of dads who use their own vehicles and give their time for this Grace program. We work hard just like everyone else and we make huge sacrifices so our kids can go to schools like Grace. GCA is probably the most affordable private school in the entire state and I assure you I know this for a fact. That locker room you refer to is a borrowed vehicle to tote gear and this is the first game this year that we used it. Some of us donate our time to film, labor, and give valuable time to the program. It's our choice as parents. Just because the school hasn't been around forever doesn't mean it was built with FREE money. We fund raise just like everyone else. Do yourself a favor and google private schools in TN. I guarantee you that GCA is one of the lowest priced if not the lowest. Also, instead of making excuses, own it. Those mistakes you made tonight didn't just happen, they were forced. How about that first fumble on the opening kick off? That was handed to you on a platter. It's football, it happens. We bounced back and put 54 points up. Those weren't given to us, they were earned. Honestly, I'm surprised our starters gave up 3 touchdowns. You guys have some amazing talent but tonight we played better. I've listened to all of this garbage for 3 years and it gets old.

This one turned sour real quick when the ship started to sink. BDF, yes, we're gonna celebrate this one. It was a HUGE playoff win on the road and our 1st victory over HHS. You guys weren't whining about GCA being in D1 when you laid 61 on us in '05. Or when you beat us every time you played us. Now it's our turn.

I saw a fired up and focused GCA OFFENSE come out in the 1st half and couldn't be stopped. The 1st half D was way too loose. Adjustments were made and we took the game over. I didn't see HHS start to shrug their shoulders until the start of the 4th qtr. I didn't say "quit", because 7, 9, and 3 never quit until the final horn. They are all back next yr, 3 for 2 more yrs. future is bright.

Bottom line is this, we have a crew of volunteers of dads who use their own vehicles and give their time for this Grace program. We work hard just like everyone else and we make huge sacrifices so our kids can go to schools like Grace. GCA is probably the most affordable private school in the entire state and I assure you I know this for a fact. That locker room you refer to is a borrowed vehicle to tote gear and this is the first game this year that we used it. Some of us donate our time to film, labor, and give valuable time to the program. It's our choice as parents. Just because the school hasn't been around forever doesn't mean it was built with FREE money. We fund raise just like everyone else. Do yourself a favor and google private schools in TN. I guarantee you that GCA is one of the lowest priced if not the lowest. Also, instead of making excuses, own it. Those mistakes you made tonight didn't just happen, they were forced. How about that first fumble on the opening kick off? That was handed to you on a platter. It's football, it happens. We bounced back and put 54 points up. Those weren't given to us, they were earned. Honestly, I'm surprised our starters gave up 3 touchdowns. You guys have some amazing talent but tonight we played better. I've listened to all of this garbage for 3 years and it gets old.

Its all about money and the structure of you're private school.Thats a credit to you not a fault. Wish there was some way we could natch it.

Its all about money and the structure of you're private school.Thats a credit to you not a fault. Wish there was some way we could natch it.

After years of reading your anti privat campaign, I can honestly post that your comment is sincere. You work hard to try to get HHS athletes more involved in off season workouts, etc. I think you even said you helped with that conditioning program. I know how you feel about private schools, and that's fine. I also know that you respect the private school parents that sacrifice $ and more importantly, their time to get their kids to workouts, practice, etc.

Your son ran hard until the final horn. I was impressed with him and several other Dogs tonight.

After years of reading your anti privat campaign, I can honestly post that your comment is sincere. You work hard to try to get HHS athletes more involved in off season workouts, etc. I think you even said you helped with that conditioning program. I know how you feel about private schools, and that's fine. I also know that you respect the private school parents that sacrifice $ and more importantly, their time to get their kids to workouts, practice, etc.

Your son ran hard until the final horn. I was impressed with him and several other Dogs tonight.

Very sincere Pride, we just don't have a system to get the whole team working, 7 and 9 work like dogs and you can tell it. Just wish there where some way to get it through their head that its a must for everyone. Its not a knock on you guys that you have the strenght coach everyday and its not a knock that the parents gets their kids to all the functions. Its just sad that our parents don't have that type comittment. Getting big and strong is a choice, pretty much anyone can do it. But its back to work for me and mine,gotta put about 20 pounds of muscle for next season. Hope some of the others follow the example.

Thanks for the kind words, boy is a late bloomer,don't have a whisker yet, some growth and hard work and we'll give it another shot.

Now come on! You can't say they purposely hit that boys ankle. How can you possibly says that. We have kids playing injured as well. No reason for that.

I can possibly say he tackled 7 from behind at the ankles then did the alligator death roll Lol...You can't say he didn't nor can you say your coaches and players didn't know the weakness and didn't seek it out....IT'S FOOTBALL! and I didn't whine a bit about it...It's the nature of the beast and it took a big running threat away...I have nothing against you, But don't act as if the statements were ignorant!

Now, we'll rehab and get ready for the hardwood.

BTW, GCA did play a very good game and took advantage of our mistakes and lack of total effort in the 2nd half

Edited by uknoit2

Very sincere Pride, we just don't have a system to get the whole team working, 7 and 9 work like dogs and you can tell it. Just wish there where some way to get it through their head that its a must for everyone. Its not a knock on you guys that you have the strenght coach everyday and its not a knock that the parents gets their kids to all the functions. Its just sad that our parents don't have that type comittment. Getting big and strong is a choice, pretty much anyone can do it. But its back to work for me and mine,gotta put about 20 pounds of muscle for next season. Hope some of the others follow the example.

Thanks for the kind words, boy is a late bloomer,don't have a whisker yet, some growth and hard work and we'll give it another shot.

If 9 puts on 20lbs, he's going to be Mr. Football next year. He's very good at his current size, can't imagine how tough he would be with 20 more on him. Very impressed, and I don't think I've said that all year. 7, 3, and 9 could play for anybody. They have heart and fight till the end.