Dobyns-Bennett at Science Hill... Part 2

Rematch: DB 42 SHHS 34

Playoffs: so zebras will be from neutral area this week (right?) They'll catch the SH linemen down field illegally, unlike the sloppy zebras from last week. Both Coach Carter and Coach Clark said there was illegal linemen downfield on the SH TD that turned the tide late in the game. I didn't catch it watching live, in the wet and cold, but watched it online later after reading the coaches' quotes in the Press. The two zebras in the middle should be embarrassed for missing that one. And I still don't understand what happened on a different play, when the zebras huddled and the lead Ref snuck his flag out of his pocket and dropped it, in the middle of the ref huddle. I didn't know they could even do that.

I hope the refs aren't a factor and the kids decide it this week. I hope whover wins, is completely healthy, to be able to at least give everything they have vs the 'next team'.

Edited by Pudding

Rematch: DB 42 SHHS 34

Playoffs: so zebras will be from neutral area this week (right?) They'll catch the SH linemen down field illegally, unlike the sloppy zebras from last week. Both Coach Carter and Coach Clark said there was illegal linemen downfield on the SH TD that turned the tide late in the game. I didn't catch it watching live, in the wet and cold, but watched it online later after reading the coaches' quotes in the Press. The two zebras in the middle should be embarrassed for missing that one. And I still don't understand what happened on a different play, when the zebras huddled and the lead Ref snuck his flag out of his pocket and dropped it, in the middle of the ref huddle. I didn't know they could even do that.

I hope the refs aren't a factor and the kids decide it this week. I hope whover wins, is completely healthy, to be able to at least give everything they have vs the 'next team'.

The kids decided it the last time they played. SH won by 2 touchdowns not 1. So take off Mathes' td score if you want but that still gives the Toppers the win.

Edited by Aussie2TN

Your correct .i think db vs shill will have a lower turnout this go around than 2 weeks ago (based on the turn out at db last week , and s hill turnout )its sadddd!

Low turnout doesn't only affect SH and DB in the playoffs. I made the trip to Maryville each time SH faced them in the playoffs to witness the inevitable season finale. Even Maryville's home stands for those games were at about 65% capacity. A Maryville poster even commented on low attendance during regular season games, and this is a school who has won a ton of state titles.

I think part of the problem is that most of the early round games are very predictable (at least on paper, and that certainly doesn't apply to this game). Also, ticket prices are increased; a family may be looking at $75-$100 for tickets and concessions for a single game. Lastly, SH (and DB for that matter) isn't seen as a serious title contender, so emphasis is placed on the local games and conference championships by some of the spectators.

This will be the last home game, barring a miracle by the fightin' Dolly Partons (and if SH beats DB for the second time in 3 weeks, not an easy task), so I hope the fans come out and support them, because they have had a tremendous season. Coach Carter certainly didn't hide his feeling in the JC press article today. If it weren't for the 600 miles between me and JC, I'd be there. Bill Meade's play by play will have to do.

Edited by kingindian33

AD im sure had something to do with it ..AD needs to go with the band and get lost in Indiana and never come home !!

Heard they were putting down natural grass for this game.Must be true because our football team is on the grass for practice. Wtf is the band doing on our football field when our football team is preparing for a second round game on turf.

Well the spirit shakers and their familys and about 30-40 + kids will not be there as well.. they have competion sat morning !! No band no shakers And alot of students wont be there . and the band using DBs turf this week !! Heck i guess no one cares about football anymore

To bad, the DB band is part of the tradition that is Indian football. I must say when we visited DB their fans have always been accommodating to our band kids.

Well the spirit shakers and their familys and about 30-40 + kids will not be there as well.. they have competion sat morning !! No band no shakers And alot of students wont be there . and the band using DBs turf this week !! Heck i guess no one cares about football anymore

Well they could ask the Sevier & Robinson bands to go. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to do it. They probably haven't thought of that either.