Dobyns-Bennett at Science Hill... Part 2

At the expense of moving away from the "Battle of the Bands" argument here's my thoughts on the game Friday night. Both teams have very good offenses, both teams have terrible defenses. Both teams make a lot of mistakes. Very good athletes on both teams and on both sides of the ball. I wouldn't give you 5 cents for either defensive coordinator. Just terrible coaching on the defensive side on both teams. And that's just to bad because with just "good" defenses either team could be a serious contender for the state championship. The AD's and head coaches need to sit down after the season and make some changes. Both schools have spent a ton of TAXPAYER money (that's you and me) building up the stadiums, field houses etc. So why would you have coaches who don't have a clue as to what their doing keeping the whole thing beat down? Looks like both schools have good athletes coming up through the systems for at least the next three years. These athletes work hard, practice hard and give up a lot of their time for their school and community . Its not fair to them to not have good coaches to teach them. Changes have to be made. Rant over......for now.

It pains me but I have to go with Science Hill in this game. Like I said above both teams are pretty even in their misery and joy but I think McGue is the difference maker. He's unstoppable.

I'm just messing with you.I about froze my azz off the last two fridays.I'll use hand warmers two pair of everything and a blanket this week .I used to be able to take it when I was younger but it's very hard on me..Taking a second z pak as well and it's just stupid for me to be out there.Not a lot of guys from Australia around east TN.You might freeze to death or get run over by some dumbazz driver but atleast you don't have to worry about great whites,and some of the deadliest spiders and snakes in the world.I think they even have a croc or two down there.

I'm from the city, mate, not the bush. 

When I first moved here I was in culture shock for quite some time. I've grown to love the area though. The people are great and the scenery isn't too bad either.

Edited by Aussie2TN

That be great but coach would not want to hurt ones feelings .Like one said before "DB is just content on winning conference each year"(Now they cant even do that) ! Fix the problems and we could win it - The players play for what ? the fans pay for what ? its about time to give us all a darn championship !!!! A nice stadium aient cutting it !

At the expense of moving away from the "Battle of the Bands" argument here's my thoughts on the game Friday night. Both teams have very good offenses, both teams have terrible defenses. Both teams make a lot of mistakes. Very good athletes on both teams and on both sides of the ball. I wouldn't give you 5 cents for either defensive coordinator. Just terrible coaching on the defensive side on both teams. And that's just to bad because with just "good" defenses either team could be a serious contender for the state championship. The AD's and head coaches need to sit down after the season and make some changes. Both schools have spent a ton of TAXPAYER money (that's you and me) building up the stadiums, field houses etc. So why would you have coaches who don't have a clue as to what their doing keeping the whole thing beat down? Looks like both schools have good athletes coming up through the systems for at least the next three years. These athletes work hard, practice hard and give up a lot of their time for their school and community . Its not fair to them to not have good coaches to teach them. Changes have to be made. Rant over......for now.

It pains me but I have to go with Science Hill in this game. Like I said above both teams are pretty even in their misery and joy but I think McGue is the difference maker. He's unstoppable.

Edited by kingindian33

I can't really speak for D-B concerning the defensive coaching because I have only seen one game. But, I think WaCo is right on his points. I've never thought Ralph Nelson was a good defensive coach.

It's usually tough to beat the same team twice.

Not when you are the better team, and SH is the better team this year.    This may be the last time the Hill beats DB for a few years though, it looks like DB is loaded thru 2017.

A little off topic, but with the redistricting by the tssaa does the Big 7 Conference cease to exist next year, i.e., do we get all new conferences?

Not when you are the better team, and SH is the better team this year.    This may be the last time the Hill beats DB for a few years though, it looks like DB is loaded thru 2017.

A little off topic, but with the redistricting by the tssaa does the Big 7 Conference cease to exist next year, i.e., do we get all new conferences?

SH has athletes in the pipeline as well, but McGue will be a tough to replace.  And if I had a guess, they'll go back to the "Big East" for 6A region 1, but who knows.

That be great but coach would not want to hurt ones feelings .Like one said before "DB is just content on winning conference each year"(Now they cant even do that) ! Fix the problems and we could win it - The players play for what ? the fans pay for what ? its about time to give us all a darn championship !!!! A nice stadium aient cutting it !

That's the big problem with hiring your life long buddies. If it don't pan out your stuck with them. Blood is thicker than water kinda' thing. The good ole' boy network is what I always called it. I really think if Clark ever decides to retire things will get a lot worse. With the AD we have and the politics involved we'll probably have a huge downgrade in coaching. It will never get any better. But look at the bright side. The BAND has a nice stadium to practice in.

Football will get overhauled, this much is known. As to how much the non-football sports are affected remains to be seen. The TSSAA Agenda for tomorrow says they will look at enrollment changes of 20% increase or 20% decrease and reclassify them in non-football sports. That doesn't really apply to any of the schools in our area. 20% is a major swing in either direction, the enrollment numbers in our area have remained somewhat steady over the past two years. If the TSSAA does not change the boundaries of Class A, AA, and AAA then the status quo in upper east Tennessee will remain. The only possible changes I could see are seeing Sullivan Central (smaller AAA school) and Sullivan North (new enrollment numbers would put them a the bottom of AA) drop a classification, but even that will be a stretch. The next major classification cycle is to be done for the 2018 school year if I'm not mistaken, with revisiting of enrollment changes every two years.