Henry County hosts Millington- Round 2

MSURacer

Might as well get this one started!

Looks like we have another tough defense coming to Patriot Stadium next Friday. Millington has allowed 20+ points just twice this season, and their upset against what I had heard was a pretty solid Lawrence County team definitely caught my attention. No gimmies from here on out, but if our defense keeps playing like it has here lately, especially against the run, we'll have a chance against anyone. Hopefully we can get our running game going a little more next week, although Croasmun has done a great job of hitting key passes and keeping drives alive. Hoping for a good week of practice and another great team effort for the Pats!

Anybody know what kinda offense Millington runs? Very unfamiliar opponent for HC. I'm not sure we've ever even played them.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well get this one started!

Looks like we have another tough defense coming to Patriot Stadium next Friday. Millington has allowed 20+ points just twice this season, and their upset against what I had heard was a pretty solid Lawrence County team definitely caught my attention. No gimmies from here on out, but if our defense keeps playing like it has here lately, especially against the run, we'll have a chance against anyone. Hopefully we can get our running game going a little more next week, although Croasmun has done a great job of hitting key passes and keeping drives alive. Hoping for a good week of practice and another great team effort for the Pats!

Anybody know what kinda offense Millington runs? Very unfamiliar opponent for HC. I'm not sure we've ever even played them.

Its been a long time but we did use to play them. Seems like early 80's but maybe even further back than that - not sure. Nonetheless, 30+ years ago is meaningless for this Friday night. I believe that Millington is a spread team according to the other thread. Also, it seems that they were not playing with freshmen at key positions like QB and tailback. So the injuries that plagued the Trojans early may no longer be an issue. Should be an interesting match-up. With the Big Red Defense playing well, I like our chances. Looks like its going to be another cold night on tap if the forecast holds true!

Go Big RED!!!

This will be a tough one for Millington. They have been struggling on offense with a freshman QB and RB for the last 5 games due to injuries to their starting QB and 1st & 2nd RBs. Although they got their 1st QB and 2nd RB back for the Lawrence Co game they were still not 100% as they struggled to get back in rhythm with the offense. When playing a team like Henry Co. you have to be 100% giving 100%. Make no mistake the Trojans will give 100% but the question will be will their health be back 100%. Looking forward to the trip to Henry Co. and good luck to you guys. 

This will be a tough one for Millington. They have been struggling on offense with a freshman QB and RB for the last 5 games due to injuries to their starting QB and 1st & 2nd RBs. Although they got their 1st QB and 2nd RB back for the Lawrence Co game they were still not 100% as they struggled to get back in rhythm with the offense. When playing a team like Henry Co. you have to be 100% giving 100%. Make no mistake the Trojans will give 100% but the question will be will their health be back 100%. Looking forward to the trip to Henry Co. and good luck to you guys. 

We feel like it will be a tough one for us, FAN. We know that your losses came after your injuries occured and that you have had some good wins.seemingly handling Munford better than us.. The return of your QB must be good news for you but bad news for us.Allow enough time for the trip;its a long way from there to here and no easy route. Might need some warm clothes-- the high Friday is predicted to be 38.

GO BIG RED

We feel like it will be a tough one for us, FAN. We know that your losses came after your injuries occured and that you have had some good wins.seemingly handling Munford better than us.. The return of your QB must be good news for you but bad news for us.Allow enough time for the trip;its a long way from there to here and no easy route. Might need some warm clothes-- the high Friday is predicted to be 38.

GO BIG RED

Very good advice olddevil. It's about a hour closer ride than we had last week so we defiantly understand how crucial that is. Think you could have some heaters waiting on the sideline for us. lol. Hope for a great game. Good luck to you guys. 

They are very solid. They did start there #1 qb. He was a bit slower but still run down hill pretty good. He throws the ball pretty well. Have there #2 back back. But they just run enough to keep u honest. Lc hit qb hard several times kid kept getting up. Solid football player. 2 pretty good receivers. But defense is a best. 2 backers and one d line man it's stright up solid. 2 backers can run down plays and 220 lbs. tough for anybody to run on them. Lc moved ball at times but had to earn it. See millington winning this one 21-20 they are better then most think.

They are very solid. They did start there #1 qb. He was a bit slower but still run down hill pretty good. He throws the ball pretty well. Have there #2 back back. But they just run enough to keep u honest. Lc hit qb hard several times kid kept getting up. Solid football player. 2 pretty good receivers. But defense is a best. 2 backers and one d line man it's stright up solid. 2 backers can run down plays and 220 lbs. tough for anybody to run on them. Lc moved ball at times but had to earn it. See millington winning this one 21-20 they are better then most think.

How's the offensive line? HC's D-Line has taken pride in controlling the LOS all year.  Extremely physical up front, and the linebackers read keys well.  I won't be surprised to see Millington have a little success in the air, but how is the QB's decision-making? HC's secondary makes up for any lack of size or position with great ball skills.

What about the defense? What little I've seen on them is that they're quick. Is there a lot of depth? HC is generally content on imposing their will, even if takes to the 3rd or 4th quarter, as we have a lot of confidence in our defense.  The 4 and 5 yard runs may not seem like much, but it takes a toll on a defense.  

Their #44 LB does look like a stud. Moves well and can bring down a good runner. But I would say that Munford D-line was better. The secondary looks adequate, but not what I would call ball hawks. Henry County should be able to move the ball. Also, they do have 3-4 players that go both ways. And I also saw #44 with his hands on his hips towards the end of the game.

As for their offense, It would surprise me to see them put 21 points up on the Big Red Defense. They appear to have a solid passing game, mostly short yardage and behind the line throws. Not alot of deep bombs. The did several draw plays as well. It will be interesting to see how the QB holds up to our D-line staying after him on throws. He did get up slow after a few big hits. I would expect us to be in his face all night long, the Trojan o-line definitely had trouble keeping LC's D-line out of the backfield.

All in all, like cat said - a solid team but nothing out of the ordinary (except for #44, on occasion). Should make for some good football on a cold Friday night! Ready for it to get here!

Go Big RED!!!

Their #44 LB does look like a stud. Moves well and can bring down a good runner. But I would say that Munford D-line was better. The secondary looks adequate, but not what I would call ball hawks. Henry County should be able to move the ball. Also, they do have 3-4 players that go both ways. And I also saw #44 with his hands on his hips towards the end of the game.

As for their offense, It would surprise me to see them put 21 points up on the Big Red Defense. They appear to have a solid passing game, mostly short yardage and behind the line throws. Not alot of deep bombs. The did several draw plays as well. It will be interesting to see how the QB holds up to our D-line staying after him on throws. He did get up slow after a few big hits. I would expect us to be in his face all night long, the Trojan o-line definitely had trouble keeping LC's D-line out of the backfield.

All in all, like cat said - a solid team but nothing out of the ordinary (except for #44, on occasion). Should make for some good football on a cold Friday night! Ready for it to get here!

Go Big RED!!!

Thanks for the analysis Drew. If HC can play their game, I think we will be fine. The conditioning and platoon system HC has in place works very well and especially in the playoffs.