Henry County hosts Millington- Round 2

MSURacer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this reported to the security at the game? They would have been more than happy to take care of that problem for y'all. Anyway, I hope those problems didn't leave your program with a bad image of HC. Most of us are very welcoming.

Agreed. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about our fans or their experience at HC.

Taunting their players?? Really? I for one was over there with my child and seen nothing but guys cheering on Henry County. If yelling "Welcome to Henry County" is a form of taunting then I guess they were wrong. What I did see is undisciplined players on the field worrying about what was going on by the sideline more than the game. Millington players were flipping HC fans off as well. If grown men were taunting them then shame on them, but at the same time  you must maintain a level of discipline. They will deal with a lot worse if they play at the next level. Not saying any of it was right but to try to criticize our fans and blame them is wrong when you don't have all the facts.  I have been to Henry County games in Memphis as well as games where Memphis came to Henry County and said every and anything inappropriate to our players and they turned a deaf ear to it because they were disciplined players. Not one player from Millington was targeted. People are quick to make excuses and point fingers. If it really got to that level why wasn't any officials or security notified???   

Taunting their players?? Really? I for one was over there with my child and seen nothing but guys cheering on Henry County. If yelling "Welcome to Henry County" is a form of taunting then I guess they were wrong. What I did see is undisciplined players on the field worrying about what was going on by the sideline more than the game. Millington players were flipping HC fans off as well. If grown men were taunting them then shame on them, but at the same time  you must maintain a level of discipline. They will deal with a lot worse if they play at the next level. Not saying any of it was right but to try to criticize our fans and blame them is wrong when you don't have all the facts.  I have been to Henry County games in Memphis as well as games where Memphis came to Henry County and said every and anything inappropriate to our players and they turned a deaf ear to it because they were disciplined players. Not one player from Millington was targeted. People are quick to make excuses and point fingers. If it really got to that level why wasn't any officials or security notified???   

First of all no one is making excuses. We lost and Henry Co. deserved the win. Second. Someone was notified .About half way through the 4th  one of your School staff members seen it going on and came down there and talked to them. Police officers were standing there the whole time and would occasionally tell them to chill out. The players weren't affected by the childish non sense of grown adults. We were just pointing out the classless activity we witnessed.  So Get your facts straight. 

To the Henry Co. fans, we all have that small few that could leave a bad rep on our program. But believe me my experience this week of Henry Co. whether it came from this board or friday night in Paris, leaves me to believe exactly that. I felt welcomed from the time we walked in to Aces Pizza until we left out of that stadium and I won't left those "few" change that. 

dhstennis- Your analysis is flawed. The Millington team that faced Liberty is not the same team that will play Henry County tonight. We have  our starting qb, though not 100%, our starting middle line backer who is a d-1 prospect, and our 2nd team RB all back. They all three did not play vs Liberty. With those three, I feel as though we keep the game close and likely beat you guess. Seems crazy since the final was 63-10, but trust me it's accurate. Henry County may very well win and win by more than 10 points but it will not be a 42 point blow out. I think it feels more like a 24-13 type game unless Henry County turns it over a time or two. If they do that then MCHS will have a shot to get another close win much like last week. Go Trojans!

i cant help myself...REALLY???

those 3 players were gona make up 50+ points on our 22 starters...come on man...ive given millington props all year long and it really bothered me that you lost the week before we came to town...we all know MBA was gona give you 1 loss and i was hoping liberty would give you the only other one during the regular season...

your defense kept you in those games when the other guys were out with injury...there was no defense when we came to memphis...

in football 99% of the time the better team wins...

best of luck next year to your trojans

as far as henry co fans...theyre the best...hands down...at home or away...we play them year in and year out...i love that game and the trip...top notch

I agree with you on all but the fans part. Why would HC's staff allow the HC fans to crowd around the visitors side at a High School Game. We're not talking about a couple fans acting foolish we're talking about a crowd of grown men and women talking trash to individual players as they came off the field. As 44 was being helped off after he tried to go back in they where telling him how weak he was. That's just one of all night long and Thats the mild one. We do realize that the majority of HC fans are not that way, but that could have been prevented by keeping home fans on home side.  Great game either way and good luck the rest of the way.

I was standing over by the fence on the visitor's side when #44 was limping off. I heard many HC fans yelling for someone to give him some help. Another comment I heard about #44 was how good of a player he was and how well-built he is. I definitely did not overhear anyone say anything negative about him.

The game was chippy. So what? It's playoff football.  I'm an advocate of playing to the whistle, getting back to your huddle, and doing it again, but that's not how football works every down. Just the nature of the game.  I've seen many teams a lot more "dirty" than Millington.  It doesn't make any of it right, but it's the truth.  Not all our players are perfect.  41, if you want to bring video into this thread, I guess you're allowed to.  Just know that you're just making the topic worse instead of better.  Stuff could be shown on each side, but that happens every game. There were no fights, no dirty injuries, and the teams shook hands at the end of the game.  Let it be.

As far as the "fans"... Every team has them, unfortunately.  Why a grown man decides to bait high school players will never be clear to me.  A lot of those "tough" guys wouldn't be saying that stuff in a regular setting. Please don't judge us by them. 

Ridgeway will be interesting.  We've slowed them down about as well as anybody did this year.  Athleticism is not my worry as far as matching up goes.  It's hard to not be somewhat optimistic about this game, but make no mistake - we're the underdogs next Friday.  

We are not the underdog against Ridgeway. Only the lower seeded team due to losing a one score contest in September.

We are the reigning 5A champs until we ain't!

To be the man, you have to beat the man when it counts.

We are not the underdog against Ridgeway. Only the lower seeded team due to losing a one score contest in September.

We are the reigning 5A champs until we ain't!

To be the man, you have to beat the man when it counts.

I usually agree with you man.  I believe we can win, don't get me wrong.  But the general consensus around the state is what it is.  Their offense has kicked it into another gear as the season has gone on, but so has our defense.  Can't wait until Friday night.

I usually agree with you man.  I believe we can win, don't get me wrong.  But the general consensus around the state is what it is.  Their offense has kicked it into another gear as the season has gone on, but so has our defense.  Can't wait until Friday night.

Playing in Memphis in a playoff game isn't an easy task. Though much different than the atmosphere in Henry County, It is still challenging all the same. I will be surprised if Henry County leaves Memphis with a victory. Ridgeway will have to play hard for 4 quarters to get the win though because Henry County will bring the intensity to the very end.