Henry County hosts Millington- Round 2

MSURacer

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a tough football team.  Good, hard-hitting game.  Hated to see #44 go down early in the game.  He was as advertised.  If there's 2 LB's better than him on Whitehaven, I'd love to see them play.  Disappointed with the crowd. Guess the cold weather was too much?

HC's defense was stout as usual.  Most of their yardage was off a few screen plays.  Besides that, I thought we did a great job.  This defense will keep us in any game, but I feel like our offense left some points on the field.  Seems like we just wanted to get the clock to 0 after we went up 24-6.  I think a bit of a blueprint has been made for slowing us down, but our coaches are top-notch and I'm sure they've got a few tricks up their sleeve.  Gonna need them.  We all know how good Ridgeway is, and if we get past them, it won't get any easier.  On a side note.... Can the TSSAA sit all refs down after this season and explain that roughing the punter can't be called if the punt is blocked?  I've seen it way too much over the past few seasons, and I feel like that call kept Millington in the game.  All in all, congrats to the Trojans on a fine season.  A lot of players left it on the field tonight.  Lot of heart.  

Edited by RedSwarm

Agree with you about that #44, he was a beast wounded or not. #8 was tough too, he kept getting up after some hard hits. I apologize for getting the number wrong earlier That #9 was a thug, he talked smack all night, slapped and kicked our TE while he was on the ground in the 4th qtr.

Edited by bottomwriter