Henry County hosts Millington- Round 2

MSURacer

Playing in Memphis in a playoff game isn't an easy task. Though much different than the atmosphere in Henry County, It is still challenging all the same. I will be surprised if Henry County leaves Memphis with a victory. Ridgeway will have to play hard for 4 quarters to get the win though because Henry County will bring the intensity to the very end. 

The positive side to this is that over the last 10 years, our record against Memphis area teams is 20-5 with several big wins in Memphis, and one lackluster loss in 2012 to Hamilton. So it wouldn't surprise me to come out of Memphis with a W, but then again Ridgeway is good and its going to take it all from the Patriots to pull it off. But after watching some more recent film, I'm feeling a little more confident...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The positive side to this is that over the last 10 years, our record against Memphis area teams is 20-5 with several big wins in Memphis, and one lackluster loss in 2012 to Hamilton. So it wouldn't surprise me to come out of Memphis with a W, but then again Ridgeway is good and its going to take it all from the Patriots to pull it off. But after watching some more recent film, I'm feeling a little more confident...

You should be confident. If you are still playing this time of year and you are not confident then there is problems. I do think that Ridgeway will have to play poorly for you guys to win though. If they turn the ball over and Henry County does not then I think HC gets the win. Otherwise, I think Ridgeway keeps on moving. Though, I am not sure they want what's waiting on them down the road. 

You should be confident. If you are still playing this time of year and you are not confident then there is problems. I do think that Ridgeway will have to play poorly for you guys to win though. If they turn the ball over and Henry County does not then I think HC gets the win. Otherwise, I think Ridgeway keeps on moving. Though, I am not sure they want what's waiting on them down the road. 

I promise we want what's waiting on us down the road.  

Sorry about the other issues.  I don't believe I've heard such in 20 years following this team.  I have to believe they were not our people.

We are not the underdog against Ridgeway. Only the lower seeded team due to losing a one score contest in September.

We are the reigning 5A champs until we ain't!

To be the man, you have to beat the man when it counts.

In the only meeting this year Ridgeway won against HC at HC.

This time its at Ridgeway.

Yes HC is the underdog.

Can HC win? Absolutely, but they are the underdog.

I promise we want what's waiting on us down the road.  

Sorry about the other issues.  I don't believe I've heard such in 20 years following this team.  I have to believe they were not our people.

No need for the apology. Every fan base has "fans" that aren't claimed. They tend to only show up when the team is really good. If you have been following the HC for 20 years you have seen some lean years too. I have certainly seen my fair share of lean years here at Millington. 0-10 in 1991 comes to mind right away. But those lean years make the good years all the more sweeter. Undefeated regular seasons in 1993 and 2007 and the great run this year with the mash unit of a team that ended the year. Good luck to you and Henry County and  I hope that we see you guys again sometime in the future- 

In the only meeting this year Ridgeway won against HC at HC.

This time its at Ridgeway.

Yes HC is the underdog.

Can HC win? Absolutely, but they are the underdog.

If you are using the standard definition of an underdog like the  first one in my American Heritage dictionary "One that is expected to lose a contest or struggle" that's not our Patriots. 

The second definition "one that is at a disadvantage" does apply because we have to play them in their city.

That's all the quarter I'm willing to give. I know the players and coaches feel the same way and so should every Big Red fan.

I too want to apologize for the few uncouth fans. I know they exist and the places they stand. I was embarrassed a couple of years ago by their behavior and I stopped going near them before, during  & after games.

Edited by bottomwriter