Scotts Hill travels to Mt. Pleasant

tradertwo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott's Hill should win this game by 14. MP is very basic on offense. Not fundamentally sound at anything they do. Basically run to daylight. Defensively the same. Chase the ball. Misdirection gives them fits. Look for them to get lots of penalties.

Basic is all MTP needed to beat Cwood. Faked a jet and run up the gut... Same play for 27 points... Why would you do anything else?

They fly to the football and hit hard when they get there. "Run to daylight and chase the ball" how is that not fundamentally sound?

Maybe Cwood should try running to daylight and chasing the ball, might could win a game.

Basic is all MTP needed to beat Cwood. Faked a jet and run up the gut... Same play for 27 points... Why would you do anything else?

They fly to the football and hit hard when they get there. "Run to daylight and chase the ball" how is that not fundamentally sound?

Maybe Cwood should try running to daylight and chasing the ball, might could win a game.

The MTP team that I remember watching at MTP we're well disciplined and very hard to tackle. The rb gave our defense a fit trying to wrap him up! MTP by 16

MP stays in a 4-3 defense they will lose this one.

I very much like MP's match ups on CB's vs SH's WR's.... Go man to man.

A 7-2-2 defense will shut SH down. Overload their offense, cause confusion, and disrupt the run. Rush 'em and have the two LB's stay on SH QB.... He's their best run weapon with that little delayed draw run. Extra D-ends will stuff that run off end or behind the tackle they like and do well too. SH O-line is big but to slow to handle the rush.

Set back in a 4-3 and let the confusion draw the LB's out of the middle chasing phantoms and SH's QB takes it to you or it allows time for them to pass short over the middle or on the wheel route.

Disrupt and sack the QB or stuff the run in the backfield. Don't give them time to think.....

MP has every capability to Win this one but they gotta play smart defense.

I think that turnovers are the key, if SH can avoid multiple giveaways they'll be in the game at the end. The Lions beat Loretto at their place by eight, MTP at home by one...doesn't matter, matchups determine outcomes more than common opponents. I hope that already having a playoff game under their belt helps, maybe they relaxed a little and didn't nail the lid shut early against the Mustangs when the opportunity was there, but maybe not...there was a lot more intensity the last 5:00 of the game from the Lions than when they were up 14-0 though...need to fix that. Talking to some of the players after the game made me feel that they will be ready Friday night...anyone who thinks that they are "satisfied" with their accomplishments is mistaken, they are hungry and confident...one told me that he wanted another shot at Adamsville...I told him to go get it.

Better not Judge a common opponent in Loretto. Loretto gave SH 3 giveaways in fumbling the ball that SH got 21 points out of.... Loretto gave MP 0 giveaways to get points out of. SH got one ligit turn over in the last minutes of the game with that interception I seen coming a mile away that sealed the deal... I said before Loretto's QB threw it that he better tuck and run with it right before he threw it. Props given to the young man who picked it though. He read it just as well as I did.

Loretto's QB was their best player and their own worst enemy that game. 2 of the 3 fumbles and an interception that all helped in losing the game.

Not taking nothing away from SH... SH had to do something with them... And they did.

Edited by Big Bigby

Better not Judge a common opponent in Loretto. Loretto gave SH 3 giveaways in fumbling the ball that SH got 21 points out of.... Loretto gave MP 0 giveaways to get points out of. SH got one ligit turn over in the last minutes of the game with that interception I seen coming a mile away.... I said before Loretto's QB threw it that he better tuck and run with it right before he threw it. Props giving to the young man who picked it though. He read it just as well as I did.

Loretto's QB was their best player and their own worst enemy that game. 2 of the 3 fumbles and an interception that that all helped in losing the game.

Not taking nothing away from SH... SH had to do something with them... And they did.

You left out the part about it was also a big rivalry game!

You left out the part about it was also a big rivalry game!

That too.... Don't know why but Loretto always plays MP better than they play anyone else.... They fumbled all year and didn't give MP a single one. Loretto put the ball on the ground once but they recovered it.

SH was fired up the 1st qtr until Loretto started matching them score for score. That 40 yard TD pass late in the 4th qtr by SH to put them up by 1 seemed to light the fire back up in the the last few minutes of the game. Blocked FG by SH on Loretto's last TD was a big boost to them as well.

Take away the fumbles that turned into SH points and we might be revisiting that rivalry again this week.

But SH played better ball and deserves to be here.

Edited by Big Bigby