Carter county ball

tootiedwc

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaannnnddd......we just continue to pile up losses.  Very disappointing season so far.  Very underachieving.

Just looking at players, it seems to me that Cloudland could compete with any team in the region. And looking at last nights score pretty much proves it. I'm not sure anyone is head and shoulders better than the rest.

Just looking at players, it seems to me that Cloudland could compete with any team in the region. And looking at last nights score pretty much proves it. I'm not sure anyone is head and shoulders better than the rest.

Thats true, but you've got to win some of them.  We're losing too many games.  Losing can become a habit. 

Thats true, but you've got to win some of them.  We're losing too many games.  Losing can become a habtOO

Too many competitors on this team to make losing a habit. If you know these kids the way I do,you'll know one thing, you may beat um ,but you're not gonna make um like it. These kids know how to compete.

• 3 weeks later...

What did the score end up last night between Cloudland vs Unaka?

This year is a strange one for sure.

HV and Unaka just appear to be way down.

Hampton lets Eliz come to their gym and pull out a last second win...We lose to SOUTH GREENE!...C-D plays us close at home....We go to Harriman and wear them out....Tellico plays us close and then we lose the last one....We go to Eliz and lose a lead and go down by 6....We had gone on the road and handled Unicoi and Johnson Co  with practically no problem....Eliz plays JC last night and its a close game??!!

Cloudland has struggled all season...They lost to HV....Whitehead leaves the team, Colby is out with injury (probably for the season) but they were beating Unaka like a drum...If the Benefield's are kept in check, do they have another go-to?

The way it appears right now, we dont have a team in Carter Co that's head-n-shoulders above all others!

I think Hampton is probably 20+ better than the others....More if they play like they did at JC and Unicoi! But we have yet to put together three good qtrs in one game, and we've lost to Eliz twice! We dont have that killer instinct and we give up too many lay ups...We sure dont rebound every game as we should. It seems they began to gel then injuries and sickness busted in. Hopefully some good basketball is ahead.

Posters, what's your outlook on the C.C. teams at this point?

Hampton lets Eliz come to their gym and pull out a last second win...We lose to SOUTH GREENE!...C-D plays us close at home....We go to Harriman and wear them out....Tellico plays us close and then we lose the last one....We go to Eliz and lose a lead and go down by 6....We had gone on the road and handled Unicoi and Johnson Co  with practically no problem....Eliz plays JC last night and its a close game??!!

Cloudland has struggled all season...They lost to HV....Whitehead leaves the team, Colby is out with injury (probably for the season) but they were beating Unaka like a drum...If the Benefield's are kept in check, do they have another go-to?

The way it appears right now, we dont have a team in Carter Co that's head-n-shoulders above all others!

I think Hampton is probably 20+ better than the others....More if they play like they did at JC and Unicoi! But we have yet to put together three good qtrs in one game, and we've lost to Eliz twice! We dont have that killer instinct and we give up too many lay ups...We sure dont rebound every game as we should. It seems they began to gel then injuries and sickness busted in. Hopefully some good basketball is ahead.

D. Vines is starting to come into his own and N. Arnett is getting alot of good minutes.  Cloudland is good enough to not be taken lightly.  Very good chance we will beat South and north greene at home as well as UH.  I agree its been a strange year.

Good to hear about Vines! Been friends with the family for years but he had slipped my mind.

We have Wiltshire and a couple more that should be forces...Can jump out of the gym and very athletic...Would like to see more of them tho...don't know if it's due to practice performance or what...But he and a couple should be big producers by now

Hampton lets Eliz come to their gym and pull out a last second win...We lose to SOUTH GREENE!...C-D plays us close at home....We go to Harriman and wear them out....Tellico plays us close and then we lose the last one....We go to Eliz and lose a lead and go down by 6....We had gone on the road and handled Unicoi and Johnson Co with practically no problem....Eliz plays JC last night and its a close game??!!

final ended up like 63-47 with cloudlands jv playing most of the 4th. We are down to like 9 players total. Not been playing jv games don't have enough. Hats off to the kids sticking it out and giving it their all. I agree Hampton is well ahead of the others. You all just need to get healthy and stay healthy.

ones I've been to are pretty low, there's just not a lot of interest in the program with the kids or fans right now. Not really sure why.

I think this happens at every school. Hampton went through a down cycle in the early 00's. Back in the mid 90's we even lost to clinch. I remember when elizabethton's girls couldn't win