Carter county ball

tootiedwc

Good points by all (pujo, uknoit and tootie). Yes, Mitchell was very good AND they will be better this year IMO because they have just about everyone back in Jeremiah Martin, Naba Echols, Kylan Phillips just to name a few PLUS  I read in another thread that they have two new transfers that both are around 6 ft 6 LOL. Even if we become better at moving the basketball, you still can't account for athleticism. 

IF we are to make it back to Murfreesboro, we have to be able to 1) Rebound and 2) take care of the basketball,( limit our turnovers) but again however, that will be a chore considering the athleticism of the west teams. I know our coaches will work on this, but it is one heck of an uphill climb. 

I like the work ethic of our players and coaches. I believe this team wants to be successful. As long as they continue to work on their weaknesses, then they will be competitive and we fans can just enjoy the ride this year. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I like that we are in the Hardee's Classic this year. We open up with Sullivan South who is predicted to win the Three Rivers Conference. Competition like this will make Hampton better.

It'll be a chore just to get to the Glass House. We've got plenty of talent and great coaching but were not the Lone Ranger. One bad night at the wrong time and its over. I doubt we are 12 deep but we probably have the most quality depth we've had in along time. Chemistry or lack of could be the desiding factor. All these kids need to understand that they are on the same team and play whatever role the coaches want.

It'll be a chore just to get to the Glass House. We've got plenty of talent and great coaching but were not the Lone Ranger. One bad night at the wrong time and its over. I doubt we are 12 deep but we probably have the most quality depth we've had in along time. Chemistry or lack of could be the desiding factor. All these kids need to understand that they are on the same team and play whatever role the coaches want.

Fact! We are the hunted. Hampton can go deep this year though. Quite an impressive sophomore class.

Not just those things men, but injuries (God forbid), even just one, could spell the end.

It's a small, county school. A LOT has to go just right to make that Boro trip.

As for the Hardees tourney, we still won't have all our FB players and the ones we have are still weeks from having BB legs.

Edited by uknoit2

Not just those things men, but injuries (God forbid), even just one, could spell the end.

It's a small, county school. A LOT has to go just right to make that Boro trip.

As for the Hardees tourney, we still won't have all our FB players and the ones we have are still weeks from having BB legs.

Lets not have any injuries, understand. LOL

I watched the South @Hampton game if South is picked to win there conference then its going to be weak.Hampton was a lot better last year than this don't see them making it back to state unless they get better

I'm sure South's FB players are not in BB shape....Same for Hampton...As for Hampton, I doubt, heck I'm sure you didnt see the team that will be competing in mid December. McClain (soph), Wiltshire (jr), Moody (sr) still don't have bb legs and Jones (jr) wont be ready for another 2 weeks to even start running the floor...So yea, I'd say Hampton looked a bit better last year.

And you may end up totally correct, this team may have a lot of work to be anywhere near as good as last year's....It's a wait and see type-o-thing....I just hope the "peaking" comes later in the season!