Let's talk about CPA

LCFootballFanatic

You speak the truth. Not going to deny that you are 100% correct. Let me make it clear I have never had a problem with Alcoa or anyone else being open zone. I do t have a problem playing the privates either. I could care less.

But what I did was the truth as well to an extent. I admit that I wa unaware of the institution of this policy. However there was a lawsuit by the city of Humboldt several years ago that effected all of Gibson Co. For the last few years until apparently April of this year Milan was not open zone because of this lawsuit. Haven't you noticed the decrease in the enrollment of Humboldt HS?? Not much more than a decade ago they were a 3a school and now are 1a. This was a major reason why Humboldt filled the lawsuit.

Over 80% of public schools are open zone.

Unless it ended since April, 2014, you are mistaken.

Here is the policy dated 4.28.14....and the fee is only $50???

That's a better deal than Alcoa any day.

http://www.boardpolicy.net/documents/detail.asp?iFile=13845&iType=6&iBoard=70

MSSD acted like they were serious about upholding the new district borders

Right after the lawsuit, but I knew of a few families that lived outside the lines

And continued to attend Milan schools. There were also a lot of exceptions.

If your parent is a teacher, if you have a sibling who is a junior or senior....etc

It appears now that it doesn't matter now.

Build a program and they will come. Hope to see the Twisters in 2015!

APB.....hope everything is good with you and yours.

Im sorry i meant Nashville with PC,Lipscomb, Maplewood etc. I still dont know why they left when it seem like Dis10 was giving them a run for there money but hey if yall not complaining why is this post up for lol.

The guy that started this topic is in another district, I could care less if we have to play CPA every year. We had to play Lipscomb every year during their good years. We always have a powerhouse private in our district. I think it helps us to play that game honestly.

Starters by Postion vs Westmoreland this Friday and Grade they Entered CPA

QB - Kindergarten

RB - 10th Transfer from Another Private

TE - 7th Grade. Family relocated from Seattle

OT - Kindergarten

LG - 8th grade. Entire family of 3 kids transferred from Franlin schools. Lives 3 miles from CPA

C - Kindergarten

RG - Kindergarten

RT - 8th transfer from another private school in Brentwood

WR - Kindergarten

WR - Kindergarten

WR - kindergarten

Defense

DT - kindergarten same player as LT

NG - 8th - same player as LG above

DT - kindergarten

OLB - Kindergarten

OLB kindergarten

ILB - kindergarten

ILB - same player as RB above

CB - Kindergarten same player as WR

CB - kindergarten same player as WR

SS - Kindergarten same player as WR

FS - Kindergarten

I'm a parent of a CPA player that started CPA in Kindergarten 12 years ago. I know all of these kids on the team. I was involved in youth sports with many of them when they were much younger. We're blessed to have great kids and families at CPA. Many of the kids are great athletes. I won't deny that, but none of them were recruited to CPA to play football. Just like public schools we have cycles and in particular there are a large number of juniors on this team that are very talented and a handful of really talented seniors as well.

Just 5-6 years ago CPA was 3-7 then 5-5 in 10 AA. We had about the same level of talent then as we have now. We regularly sent 1-2 players a year to play college football. But we were not nearly as well coached or trained. No one complained about CPA recruiting when we were 3-7 or 5-5.

We changed head coaches and hired a whole new new staff save 2 longtime assistants that we kept. We also hired a new strenghth and conditioning coach. Those hires are the biggest reasons for success.

Since those changes 4 years ago Ingle Martin has lost 1 regular season game at CPA. There is only 1 starter on the roster that came to CPA since ingle was hired. There is no recruiting of football players at CPA. This staff just gets more from the kids that were already at CPA. They work harder than any HS football program I've ever seen in the Weight room , in conditioning , and at practice. Our coaches are also fanatical when it comes to film study and preparation. Our kids know tendencies and what the other team is going to do before they step on the field. They are also great play callers and excellent at in game adjustments. There are several assistants with college coaching experience and they are really good coaches.

It Sounds better on the internet to accuse CPA of recruiting, but It's Just simply not true at CPA. If it was true then you need to go after Ann Purdy the Elementary school principal at CPA because about 85% of our roster entered 12-13 years ago in Kindergarten when Ingle Martin was still in high school or college himself.

We are Looking forward to a fun game this Friday against a great opponent in Westmoeland. We are Praying for safety for both teams. We Hope our visitors feel welcome and appreciated.

Just wanted to set the record straight on any recruiting accusations.

1 Houston Nichols - cpa since kindergarten LB, RB Sr. 6-0 200

Zack Weatherly - cpa since kindergarten QB, DB Jr. 6-2 3 Sr. 5-11 170

4 Mac Keck - cpa since kindergarten TE, LB Sr. 5-11 190 DB Jr. 5-11 170      7 J.R. Osborn - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB, K Sr. 5-11 175

9 Price Perdue cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Jr. 6-3 170

10 William Whitaker - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Sr.    

12 Jay Hockaday - cpa since freshman year QB, LB Sr. 6-3 215

17 John Orr cpa since kindergarten QB, LB Jr. 6-2 195 

21 Jacob Webster cpa since 7th grade RB, LB Jr.    

24 Cole Smith RB, LB Jr.  cpa since kindergarten  

25 Wallace Barrett  - cpa since kindergarten RB, DB Jr. 6-1 185

45 Chip Omer  - cpa since kindergarten RB, LB Jr. 5-11 180

56 Peyton Kemp cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Jr. 6-1 200

66 Parker Howell cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Sr. 6-5 275 6

72 Rooke Young - since 9th grade OL, DL So.    

76 Sam Johnson - since 9th grade OL, DL Sr. 6-2 240

88 Joseph Richard - since 7th grade WR, DB Jr. 6-2 195

CPA starters offense and defense - 12 players since kindergarten, 2 7th grade,  and 2 freshman.  I hardly call that recruiting.   This is the starters only, several other kids on the roster since Kindergarten.  This may not be 100% exact but pretty darn close.  I know all kindergarten starts are correct though.

Edited by jett

QB - Kindergarten

OT - Kindergarten

LG - 8th grade. Entire family of 3 kids transferred from Franlin schools. Lives 3 miles from CPA

C - Kindergarten

RG - Kindergarten

WR - Kindergarten

WR - Kindergarten

WR - kindergarten

Defense

DT - kindergarten

OLB - Kindergarten

OLB kindergarten

ILB - kindergarten

FS - Kindergarten

I'm a parent of a CPA player that started CPA in Kindergarten 12 years ago. I know all of these kids on the team. I was involved in youth sports with many of them when they were much younger. We're blessed to have great kids and families at CPA. Many of the kids are great athletes. I won't deny that, but none of them were recruited to CPA to play football. Just like public schools we have cycles and in particular there are a large number of juniors on this team that are very talented and a handful of really talented seniors as well.

Just 5-6 years ago CPA was 3-7 then 5-5 in 10 AA. We had about the same level of talent then as we have now. We regularly sent 1-2 players a year to play college football. But we were not nearly as well coached or trained. No one complained about CPA recruiting when we were 3-7 or 5-5.

We changed head coaches and hired a whole new new staff save 2 longtime assistants that we kept. We also hired a new strenghth and conditioning coach. Those hires are the biggest reasons for success.

Since those changes 4 years ago Ingle Martin has lost 1 regular season game at CPA. There is only 1 starter on the roster that came to CPA since ingle was hired. There is no recruiting of football players at CPA. This staff just gets more from the kids that were already at CPA. They work harder than any HS football program I've ever seen in the Weight room , in conditioning , and at practice. Our coaches are also fanatical when it comes to film study and preparation. Our kids know tendencies and what the other team is going to do before they step on the field. They are also great play callers and excellent at in game adjustments. There are several assistants with college coaching experience and they are really good coaches.

It Sounds better on the internet to accuse CPA of recruiting, but It's Just simply not true at CPA. If it was true then you need to go after Ann Purdy the Elementary school principal at CPA because about 85% of our roster entered 12-13 years ago in Kindergarten when Ingle Martin was still in high school or college himself.

We are Looking forward to a fun game this Friday against a great opponent in Westmoeland. We are Praying for safety for both teams. We Hope our visitors feel welcome and appreciated.

You beat me too it.  I agree, majority of the kids on this team have been there 12 and 13 years.  Great kids, work hard and coaching make a huge difference. 

QB - Kindergarten

OT - Kindergarten

C - Kindergarten

RG - Kindergarten

WR - Kindergarten

WR - Kindergarten

WR - kindergarten

Defense

DT - kindergarten

OLB - Kindergarten

OLB kindergarten

ILB - kindergarten

FS - Kindergarten

A lot will have to change if Westmoreland is going to feel welcome or appreciated. Two years ago there wasn't a lot of class.

A lot will have to change if Westmoreland is going to feel welcome or appreciated. Two years ago there wasn't a lot of class.

Class does not happen on the field as every team that gets beat feels like they were wronged in some way or the other team cheated, refs were bad, etc..  Class begins in the parking lot, at the gate, at concessions, in the stands, etc and I am positive you will get that.  

Class does not happen on the field as every team that gets beat feels like they were wronged in some way or the other team cheated, refs were bad, etc.. Class begins in the parking lot, at the gate, at concessions, in the stands, etc and I am positive you will get that.

It's not about winning. CPA was clearly the better team then. You just wouldn't understand there's no need to try and explain. Good luck to you and God Bless

It's not about winning. CPA was clearly the better team then. You just wouldn't understand there's no need to try and explain. Good luck to you and God Bless

You too, we are not all bad people like everyone thinks.  I hope the best team wins, play fair and no one gets hurt.