Science Hill versus Maryville

bud

I doubt very much those "fire up" tactics are at play. The author is a Elizabethton graduate and some believe he uses his writing skills to jab SH whenever possible...not sure if the pen is mittier than the sword but I am sure that the team was very aware of the legend of Maryville football without the glowing reminders.

In any event the kids believe in themselves and know only one team in 10 years has walked out of Maryville with a W...I think that alone is all the motivation any kid will need to lay it all on the field. I know my son has dreamed about Friday night for a very long time and was in the stands watching DB play on that field two years ago when he was a freshman and told me he was going to get his chance at Maryville before he graduated, that chance has come and when he walks off the field Friday he can check that off his HS bucket list. Win, lose or draw all you can hope for is a chance to compete. SH will compete and be ready to play 48 minutes of football. Not sure as a player you would want it any other way, to be the best you have to beat the best and there is no better in my mind then the team SH will play Friday night. Go Toppers!

Good luck Friday night and hope your son does his best and walks away with his head held high. 

#1 will not play.

He sure looked good at practice today for someone that isn't going to play. What most people don't realize is there are six other QB's setting there on the bench that could start at 90% of the schools in Tennessee. When #1 got his shoulder hurt earlier this year #17 came in and gave us a big boost in the passing game we had not seen all year. Then when #15 comes in he can take it the distance at any given time. If I were the other team and #1 lined up at wr and #17 was at QB then I would have something to worry about, if I were the other team. I can promise you Air force has #1 projected as a future WR. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

Mickey White receiver/DB fast and playmaker, Justin Bedard rb big and a little faster than he looks

Big line offense and defense

11 QB McGue reminds me of a smaller version of Anthony Hayes from White Station,    #7 RB Bedard 6-1 205, not unlike MHS Burgess,   6 good receivers, #2, #3, #14, #18, #21, #25. LB #35 6-1 190, #9 LB VERY ACTIVE, FAST Kanady 6-0 170, DT #70 Alibocus 6-3 280. O line, #55 6-6 260,#64 5-11 240, #50 5-9 230, #72 6-1 260, #75 6-4 295, #89 TE Feathers 6-4 240. 

Good info orange. I'll be sure to watch those guys. I also noticed the big boys up front listed on the website. That should be a good matchup between the two teams.

How about #6 a soph? I know him thru baseball and hope to see him play some. He is a young LB. Is he in the rotation yet?

#6 Starting LB Bryson Tolley  5-11 200 SO. 

Just a question? If a #1 seed plays a #2 seed in the next round of the playoff do they have to travel to the #2 seed place?

TSSAA changed the rule on seeding. The former rule stated the games would be held at the home of the higher seed to reward them for seasonal performance. But rule changed due to pressure (whinging) coming from the Murfreesboro schools. Over the past several years, the Mid State #1 seed seemed to get beat and the semi's were held at the home of the higher seed which seemed to always be Maryville. Now no matter the seed, the semi final game is held at alternating sites in alternate years regardless of the seed. That means, whichever team wins at Maryville Friday night, even if they are a higher seed, they travel to Middle Tennessee for the semi-final game. 

He sure looked good at practice today for someone that isn't going to play. What most people don't realize is there are six other QB's setting there on the bench that could start at 90% of the schools in Tennessee. When #1 got his shoulder hurt earlier this year #17 came in and gave us a big boost in the passing game we had not seen all year. Then when #15 comes in he can take it the distance at any given time. If I were the other team and #1 lined up at wr and #17 was at QB then I would have something to worry about, if I were the other team. I can promise you Air force has #1 projected as a future WR. 

I never tell the opposing folks the good news.