Science Hill versus Maryville

bud

Just confirmed with my son it is Boone NC not the one located in Gray TN. And it is an away game

Cool. It appears Coach Carter isn't afraid to look outside the box for quality (hopefully) opponents. Know nothing about these schools except their records this season; Watauga (Boone) 8-5 and CAE (Asheville) 9-2. Not sure what the records mean since I know nothing about NC football. I guess I'll have to spend some of the Thanksgiving vacation scouring for video on these teams.

Cool. It appears Coach Carter isn't afraid to look outside the box for quality (hopefully) opponents. Know nothing about these schools except their records this season; Watauga (Boone) 8-5 and CAE (Asheville) 9-2. Not sure what the records mean since I know nothing about NC football. I guess I'll have to spend some of the Thanksgiving vacation scouring for video on these teams.

CAE played Asheville this year.  Which is the same team that play Knox West earlier in the season.  Watauga lost a couple of games to Betsy a few years back.

Wilmoth said Boone played South, Science Hill, Cherokee, and Elizabethton non-conference.  I imagine he was reading from two different schedules?

CAE played Asheville this year. Which is the same team that play Knox West earlier in the season. Watauga lost a couple of games to Betsy a few years back.

Wilmoth said Boone played South, Science Hill, Cherokee, and Elizabethton non-conference. I imagine he was reading from two different schedules?

Not sure what he was reading but I have schedule in front of me. Sept 25th Boone NC away

The band is in Chicago at a competition.

This game was similar to last year at Siever when we lost. #11 was 1 for 10 with 3 interceptions. If you send the ends up field and keep the tackles home and let the play develop you win the match up. He is only 5'6" and it is hard to throw over the top of a big line. You saw that last night. All the throws sailing high. Totally lost the arm slot in release to compensate. No one claimed he was a QB, just a special athlete that had a decent arm but could run like lightening and has a high football IQ. Last night it would have been better once the game unfolded to move him out to slot and bring the other QB in who is 6'1" and has a big arm and try to get him open down field. Guess the coaches preferred to watch him throw over the head of WRs downfield and let the other QB run the ball up the middle instead of throw the football.

not only did we beat you, but Maryville didn't get a running clock on us last week either

I gave facts. You throw out assumptions that are wrong. Your thinking is why your team sucks

Did I miss a game this year? I think you played DB and lost but did not play SH. The fact that you played Maryville last week and didn't have a running clock is not indicitive in any way to a SH Siever comparison but if those are facts for you carry on young man...

I gave facts. You throw out assumptions that are wrong. Your thinking is why your team sucks

Did I miss a game this year? I think you played DB and lost but did not play SH. The fact that you played Maryville last week and didn't have a running clock is not indicitive in any way of a SH Siever comparison but if those are facts for you carry on young man...

Did I miss a game this year? I think you played DB and lost but did not play SH. The fact that you played Maryville last week and didn't have a running clock is not indicitive in any way of a SH Siever comparison but if those are facts for you carry on young man...

Sc would have drilled the toppers again, mague is 5' 6" and can't hit the broad side of the barn the Bears are way better coached in my opinion. S hill was way overrated and this game turned out exactly like I said it would. Flame on topper fans!

Sc would have drilled the toppers again, mague is 5' 6" and can't hit the broad side of the barn the Bears are way better coached in my opinion. S hill was way overrated and this game turned out exactly like I said it would. Flame on topper fans!

Good call, Nostradumbass. So, SH got its azz whooped by, in all likelihood, the 6A state champions, just like the last 70 teams to face them (including Sevier County, twice this year). Maryville again showed it is simply on a higher level than every other team in the state.

SH can be proud of this season. 11 wins, a conference championship, and an appearance in the quarterfinals.

Unlike Mr. Bear poker here who will boast about hypotheticals, SH will close the book on 2014 and move on to next year.

Edited by voltnh

Good call, Nostradumbass. So, SH got its azz whooped by, in all likelihood, the 6A state champions, just like the last 70 teams to face them (including Sevier County, twice this year). Maryville again showed it is simply on a higher level than every other team in the state.

SH can be proud of this season. 11 wins, a conference championship, and an appearance in the quarterfinals.

Unlike Mr. Bear poker here who will boast about hypotheticals, SH will close the book on 2014 and move on to next year.

He'll still be talking about what Sevier County did last year, next year. And the year after that. And the year after that. And... well, you get the picture. He and his little friends apparently like to live in the past. It makes them feel good about themselves. It's all they've got.

Edited by Aussie2TN