Science Hill versus Maryville

bud

MHS Rush- 39-171, MHS Pass-7-11 207 -3 Td's, Vaught (4-4 159 yds, 2 TD's), Ensley (3-7 48 yds, 1 TD)

SHHS Rush-38-117 SHHS Pass-3-15 2 int's

Total O MHS 50-378, SHHS 53-150.

TOP MHS 24:42, SHHS 23:18 Last drive by MHS was 9:30 long 12 plays 80 yards

MHS Rush Hopkins-8-67, Burgess 16-67, Vaught 6-21, Ensley 4-13

MHS Recieving Brock 4-97 2 TD's, Tillery 1-58 1 TD, Miller 1-39, White 13 White's first catch this season came on 4th and 7.  SHHS White 2-32, Delany 1-1

Best stat of the game- SHHS ran only 8 plays inside MHS territory, 1 punt and only 2 plays  until the last drive in which they ran 4 plays. Last week MHS turned the ball over 5 times, this week 0 

Enjoy Boone, played there way back when.   

thanks for the info!! 

Does Tom Taylor do the games for SH on the radio now? I googled him after I watched the coaches show and it said he did DB for years then moved to South as recent as 2013. He won a Virginia Broadcast award for a South Broadcast against a VA school. I think it was Gate City.

I think Tom Taylor has been doing South games for at least 5 or 6 years, maybe longer.

Impressive in every way Maryville. Class program. You don't need the wish of luck so I will just say keep doing what you do and it will take you to another title.

I had hoped our boys would get on the bus with something to be proud of but not much to build off of after that effort. Total domination in all phases of the game.

Your defensive game plan was perfect and your offense exploited the d backs.

Not much else to say other than the gang at Dead End BBQ treated us great and the "burnt ends" were amazing!

See you guys next year up at our place in week 4!

Impressive in every way Maryville. Class program. You don't need the wish of luck so I will just say keep doing what you do and it will take you to another title.

I had hoped our boys would get on the bus with something to be proud of but not much to build off of after that effort. Total domination in all phases of the game.

Your defensive game plan was perfect and your offense exploited the d backs.

Not much else to say other than the gang at Dead End BBQ treated us great and the "burnt ends" were amazing!

See you guys next year up at our place in week 4!

I was surprised they didn't bring their band. The game turned out a little different then I thought last night. I did expect S.H. to score at least three TD's last night after watching some of the film on the QB.  He is very quick and did have a few good runs. Usually GQ kicks the ball which most go through the end zone but he chose to kick it to the thirty yard line to keep it out of #11 hands. 

I was surprised they didn't bring their band. The game turned out a little different then I thought last night. I did expect S.H. to score at least three TD's last night after watching some of the film on the QB. He is very quick and did have a few good runs. Usually GQ kicks the ball which most go through the end zone but he chose to kick it to the thirty yard line to keep it out of #11 hands.

The band is in Chicago at a competition.

This game was similar to last year at Siever when we lost. #11 was 1 for 10 with 3 interceptions. If you send the ends up field and keep the tackles home and let the play develop you win the match up. He is only 5'6" and it is hard to throw over the top of a big line. You saw that last night. All the throws sailing high. Totally lost the arm slot in release to compensate. No one claimed he was a QB, just a special athlete that had a decent arm but could run like lightening and has a high football IQ. Last night it would have been better once the game unfolded to move him out to slot and bring the other QB in who is 6'1" and has a big arm and try to get him open down field. Guess the coaches preferred to watch him throw over the head of WRs downfield and let the other QB run the ball up the middle instead of throw the football.