Wk 3 of the Playoffs: Rhea County at Oak Ridge

BigDave1967

Sweet! Oak Ridge is the underdog at home! I like that to fire the Cats up. Rhea Co. has trounced people all season long...yet played no one of any real quality other than Ootlewah. Seems the Owls didn't show up that night and play their best game. In honesty even if AC had all of our starters healthy, it would have been a stretch to beat Oak Ridge. The speed on defense cutting off the option as well as sealing the middle is incredible. If you can't pass on Oak Ridge, you won't put up 475 yards rushing this week! The Oak Ridge O line does a great job of controlling the trenches. We never got to the OR QB which put our team at a great disadvantage to win. Come on in feeling like giants Rhea, but you'd better be giant killers. Oak Ridge wins by 10. Trying to rally the troops and get the AC Mavs out to support The Ridge. You've earned it.

Edited by Foxman43

Sweet! Oak Ridge is the underdog at home! I like that to fire the Cats up. Rhea Co. has trounced people all season long...yet played no one of any real quality other than Ootlewah. Seems the Owls didn't show up that night and play their best game. In honesty even if AC had all of our starters healthy, it would have been a stretch to beat Oak Ridge. The speed on defense cutting off the option as well as sealing the middle is incredible. If you can't pass on Oak Ridge, you won't put up 475 yards rushing this week! The Oak Ridge O line does a great job of controlling the trenches. We never got to the OR QB which put our team at a great disadvantage to win. Come on in feeling like giants Rhea, but you'd better be giant killers. Oak Ridge wins by 10. Trying to rally the troops and get the AC Mavs out to support The Ridge. You've earned it.

+1000

Don't know much about Oak Ridge except for what i have read and heard.

I have never rooted for Rhea County because they have just became relevant lately thanks to my x buddy Doug and that district made them look good as well as my Owls debacle. And their new coach who thinks that job was a piece of cake when he saw that schedule lol.far from what he dealt with in middle tennessee. Can't hate on him though. He got them boys ready.

I have an x owl that now plays for O R so I will root for him.

PA'S PEP TALK FOR OAK RIDGE:

1. NEED THE LEADERS TO STEP UP AND BE VOCAL ON AND OFF THE FIELD....

2. THE RESERVES NEED TO KEEP THAT SIDELINE FIRED UP LIKE CHEERLEADERS...

3. THE OFFENSE NEED TO BE CLICKING ON ALL CYLINDERS, RUNNING AND PASSING...

4. THE DEFENSE NEEDS TO BE GANG TACKLING ALL NIGHT....

5. THE COACHES NEED TO BE FLEXIBLE AND BE ABLE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS....AND IF A PLAYER SEES SOMETHING HE CAN DO TO ADJUST...IT WON'T HURT TO LISTEN...REMEMBER THEY ARE THE ONES OUT THERE PLAYING THE GAME...

6. WIN THE SPECIAL TEAMS GAME..WATCH OUT FOR THE FAKE...EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED...

7. THE HEAD COACH NEEDS TO EMPTY HIS CHAMBER OF WEAPONS ON BOTH SIDES...IT'S WIN OR GO HOME BUDDY....

IF THEY HAVE TO GO BOTH WAYS THEN SO BE IT....YOUR PLAYMAKERS WILL MAKE PLAYS WHERE IT IS NEEDED...PLEEZE DON'T BE ONE DIMENSIONAL.....

8. HAVE A PLAN B...WHAT GOT YOU THRU THE REGULAR SEASON MAY NOT BE ENOUGH IN THE POST SEASON....IF YOU BRING THE KITCHEN SINK...YOU WILL HAVE NO REGRETS.....LIKE OLE PA <_< 

GOOD LUCK, RUN LIKE THE WILDCATS YOU ARE :mrgreen: 

#LOP GO WILDCATS!!! GO DIAZ!!

IF THEY GET BY YOU... YOU WILL HAVE A BAAD NIGHT......THE SECONDARY IS NOT GOOD....THAT'S WHY YOUR QB HAS TO BE ON POINT....AND 3 OF THE INTS WENT STRAIGHT TO THE DBS....AND OUR WIDEOUTS WERE OPEN ALL NIGHT....OUR QB WAS UNDER THROWING AND OVERTHROWING..... HE IS A BIG BOY ...HAD PRESSURE BUT WASN'T TO THE POINT TO MAKE HIM THROW A BAAD PASS......AND OUR RUN GAME WAS MIA.....THEY CAN'T REALLY THROW... BUT BECAUSE YOU CAN...THEY ARE WORKING ON IT.....AND THE WEATHER WON'T BE AS FRIGID...AND THEIR TURF IS BETTER THAN YOURS... IF YOU RUN THE BALL AND ADD SOME PASS WITH IT...YOU WILL WIN THE GAME... THEY RUN A 3 MAN FRONT SO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RUN ON THEM...BUT KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN...THEY RUN A PERFECT WINGT...BUT IT CAN BE STOPPED BY DISCIPLINE PLAYERS....DON'T GET CAUGHT LOOKING IN THE BACKFIELD....FEEL THE HOLES AND PLAY FAST AND PHYSICAL...

24 IS THE ONE YOU NEED TO STOP....3 PLAYS THAT THEY RUN EFFECTIVELY...

THE DIVE, THE SWEEP AND THE TRAP....IF YOU GET CONFUSED :wacko: YOU WILL BE JOINING ME.....THEY WILL PASS IF YOUR DBS GET CAUGHT LOOKING IN THE BACKFIELD....FOLLOW 24 AND 5...THE BREAD AND BUTTA... TURN THE SWEEP INSIDE.. DON'T LET 24 GET AROUND THE EDGE....SIMPLE...5 WILL DIVE  BASICALLY..AND A heck OF A BLOCKER ON SWEEPS...BUT HE DIVES INSIDE.....THE S AFTEY  NEEDS TO PLAY 10 YDS DEEP IN THE MIDDLE.....IN FRONT OF THE CENTER SO HE CAN SEE EVERYTHING....IF HE GETS CAUGHT LOOKING IN THE BACKFIELD THEY WILL DROP A PASS DOWN THE SEAM...D ENDS HAVE TO PLAY PHYSICAL...OUR STRONGEST D END WENT OUT WITH AN ANKLE INJURY EARLY 1ST QTR..SO WE WERE GETTING BLOWED UP...NO PENETRATION....HECK I WOULD STAND MY D ENDS UP INSTEAD OF THE 3 PT. STANCE...

IF YOUR TACKLES ARE SOFT....5 WILL STEAMROLL UP THE MIDDLE....YOU NEED A NOSEGUARD AND 2 TACKLERS..3 MAN DOWN....IF YOUR NOSEGUARD CAN BLOWUP RHEAS CENTER...THEN HE CAN CAUSE ALOT OF PROBLEMS INSIDE....TACKLERS NEED TO READ AND REACT...DON'T LET THE FAKES FOOL YA.....TELL YOUR MIDDLE LB TO JUST WATCH 5....HE IS COMING UP THE MIDDLE...STAY WITH YOUR ASSIGNMENT...DON'T THINK TOO MUCH...JUST PLAY BALL...#LOP

OUTSIDE LB HAVE TO BE FAST AND PHYSICAL DON'T OVER RUN THE PLAY...TURN EVERYTHING BACK INSIDE...GANG TACLKE.....24 WILL BE COMING ON THE SWEEP OR THE TRAP OR HIS REPLACEMENT WILL DO THE SAME... THE CORNERS GOT TO READ THE PLAY ...IF HE BLOCKS DOWN IT'S A RUN IF NOT...IT'S A PASS...GANG TACKLE....PLAY FAST. PHYSICAL AND FURIOUS.. GANG TACKLING IS A MUST#LOP

THE TRAP IS VERY TRICKY...DESIGNED TO LOOK LIKE A SWEEP....BUT THEY  WILL MAKE YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING RIGHT...BUT THEY WILL COME BACK TO THE LEFT WITH A TRAP....

THE OWL DEFENSE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BETTER BUT GOT NO HELP FROM THE OFF NIGHT OFFENSE...#MOTHBALLCITYOWLS. <_<

OAK RIDGE, FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND YOU WILL WIN........I WILL BREAK DOWN THE ENTIRE GAME AT 11 :thumb: