Shelbyville Central (9-3) @ Hillsboro (12-0)

HighLife

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville has an outstanding offense. They have athletes all over the place. If Hillsboro's defense doesn't come to play then we may have us a ball game, folks. Don't sleep on the Golden Eagles. They are not the old Shelbyville. This will be closer than the experts think.

50 to 49 Shelbyville in a tight one. Shelbyville wins on a 2 point conversion. Upset city.

What happened to those athletes all over the place?

Hillsboro was so much bigger than shelbyville and really showed that they were faster and more talented. With that said, given Shelbyville's location and enrollment, they did a great job getting this far and I thought they played with heart and class. It really looked like a match up of teams from two different classifications.  I am disappointed that no one on here talked about the terrible fight and even worse officiating that occurred. The fight saw the majority of the burros on the field and some of those players were kicking and swinging at the visiting team. Only 1 player was ejected. I was sitting on the home side and what I saw was terrible. If the Shelbyville coaches and players not shown better judgement, it easily looked as bad as the video posted on the boone-crockett fight. Worse to me was that there was terrible calls that changed, what could have been, a much more competitive game. Not to mention they kept the clock running while the officials deliberated the fight..nearly 6 minutes and no where does a running clock rule allow for this during an official's timeout or meeting. I surely hope the AD from shelbyville will send the tape in to TSSAA, so those officials NEVER work another game without getting some serious training. Glad the better team won BUT disappointed in lack on control by HHS coaches and horrible officials.

Edited by crittertrap1431

Hillsboro was so much bigger than shelbyville and really showed that they were faster and more talented. With that said, given Shelbyville's location and enrollment, they did a great job getting this far and I thought they played with heart and class. It really looked like a match up of teams from two different classifications. I am disappointed that no one on here talked about the terrible fight and even worse officiating that occurred. The fight saw the majority of the burros on the field and some of those players were kicking and swinging at the visiting team. Only 1 player was ejected. I was sitting on the home side and what I saw was terrible. If the Shelbyville coaches and players not shown better judgement, it easily looked as bad as the video posted on the boone-crockett fight. Worse to me was that there was terrible calls that changed, what could have been, a much more competitive game. Not to mention they kept the clock running while the officials deliberated the fight..nearly 6 minutes and no where does a running clock rule allow for this during an official's timeout or meeting. I surely hope the AD from shelbyville will send the tape in to TSSAA, so those officials NEVER work another game without getting some serious training. Glad the better team won BUT disappointed in lack on control by HHS coaches and horrible officials.

For a game that was 42-9, this game was never competitive. Shelbyville had a few good athletes, but nowhere near the amount of athletes Hillsboro had. The incident at the end of the game was unfortunate for both sides, neither side being more to blame then the other. Better team won plain and simple, never was the game in doubt

For a game that was 42-9, this game was never competitive. Shelbyville had a few good athletes, but nowhere near the amount of athletes Hillsboro had. The incident at the end of the game was unfortunate for both sides, neither side being more to blame then the other. Better team won plain and simple, never was the game in doubt

If you were at the game and a fan like me AND you are honest, you know we/HHS got away with PI's, holds, obvious flinches on the line (especially on 3rd and 4th down- which would have turned short yardage situations into long yardage situations and that directly led to points that may not have made the game so one -sided. More over, the taunts and unsportsmanlike like behavior (especially, in the 2nd half when the game was NOT in doubt) that was allowed to continue led to the fight. As a fan I am in total agreement we had the better athletes and were the better team. Naturally I would love to see better control by the kids and our coaches in that situation. However, it never should have come to that, which is why I said those officials need more training and a serious rear chewing before they take the field again.  I assure you as a fan of the game and school, the behavior of the officals led me to sign up on this thing and say something in hopes that this crew gets the training they need and TSSAA looks at the film (it usually has to come from the wronged team unless a self-reporting violation takes place) and sees what a PR disaster was avoided last night had Shelbyville not shown some class. I am glad to see the best team move on but felt that the coaches and players at HHS should not have been put in that situation had better control been shown by the refs. Also would we know on here if those 2-3 boys from SHS were hurt? It was a shame. To my best count, HHS had 20-25 players across the line and atleast 3 coaches during the incident.( they were obviously trying to get the kids back.) I would think someone will post this on you tube.

If you were at the game and a fan like me AND you are honest, you know we/HHS got away with PI's, holds, obvious flinches on the line (especially on 3rd and 4th down- which would have turned short yardage situations into long yardage situations and that directly led to points that may not have made the game so one -sided. More over, the taunts and unsportsmanlike like behavior (especially, in the 2nd half when the game was NOT in doubt) that was allowed to continue led to the fight. As a fan I am in total agreement we had the better athletes and were the better team. Naturally I would love to see better control by the kids and our coaches in that situation. However, it never should have come to that, which is why I said those officials need more training and a serious rear chewing before they take the field again. I assure you as a fan of the game and school, the behavior of the officals led me to sign up on this thing and say something in hopes that this crew gets the training they need and TSSAA looks at the film (it usually has to come from the wronged team unless a self-reporting violation takes place) and sees what a PR disaster was avoided last night had Shelbyville not shown some class. I am glad to see the best team move on but felt that the coaches and players at HHS should not have been put in that situation had better control been shown by the refs. Also would we know on here if those 2-3 boys from SHS were hurt? It was a shame. To my best count, HHS had 20-25 players across the line and atleast 3 coaches during the incident.( they were obviously trying to get the kids back.) I would think someone will post this on you tube.

You make it seem like it was completely one sided. The game I thought was cleanly officiated except for when the score got out of hand, then they let the plays last too long and let a couple cheap shots go by both teams. No one was injured during the brief scuffle. Order was restored & the officials did what they were supposed to do, which is eject the guilty party & move on. Shelbyville was just as much as guilty as Hillsboro in this. It's over, move on.