Big Games in Memphis, Play-offs: Quarterfinals (D1), Semi-finals (D2)

kwc

Welcome to BGIM - Playoff Edition: This Week there are six games that will be presented for prognostication. The deeper into the play-offs we go, the fewer games there are to prognosticate. I hope we are prognosticating through the championship games because that will mean that there are Memphis area teams invilved. With no further ado ... the games"

D1 Quarterfinals:

Game 1: Arlington @ Whitehaven (6A)

Game 2: Henry County at Ridgeway (Played at Halle) (5A)

Game 3: Trezevant @ Crockett County (4A)

D2 Semi-finals:

Game 4: MUS @ Ensworth (D2-AA)

Game 5: BGA @ St. George's (D2-A)

Game 6: ECS @ Knoxville Webb (D2-A)

Gentlemen ... select your games!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D2 Semi-finals:

WHITEHAVEN

RIDGEWAY

CROCKETT COUNTY

ENSWORTH

ST. GEORGE'S

KNOXVILLE WEBB

k-dub, Thank you!!!!

D1 Quarterfinals:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Game 2: Henry County at Ridgeway (Played at Crump) (5A)

Ridgeway by 6

Trezevant by 8

D2 Semi-finals:

Ensworth by 3

St. George's by 3

ECS by 1

I will provide analysis in the D1 games individual Threads... Not So much on the Privates :ugeek:  :geek: .

I am so glad to have ALL of these Shelby-Metro Teams still alive. I hope like HECK that 3 'former MEMPHIS CITY SCHOOLS' can represent 4A, 5A, and 6A in two weeks in Cookevegas! Pick Changes may occur later in the week as well. 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Welcome to BGIM - Playoff Edition: This Week there are six games that will be presented for prognostication. The deeper into the play-offs we go, the fewer games there are to prognosticate. I hope we are prognosticating through the championship games because that will mean that there are Memphis area teams invilved. With no further ado ... the games"

D1 Quarterfinals:

D2 Semi-finals:

Whitehaven

Ridgeway

Trezevant

Ensworth

St . George

ECS

D1 Quarterfinals:

Game 2: Henry County at Ridgeway (Played at Crump) (5A)

D2 Semi-finals:

We just got word, see above in bold...

We just got word, see above in bold...

Thanks Drew. You guys will enjoy the venue. New turf field. Brand spanking new bleachers and concessions. They re-did the whole facility just a few years ago. New scoreboard. Excellent lighting. This was the second of four city fields that received upgrades. It's a wonderful place to watch a high school football game.

Parking. Get there early becuase the paking lot adjacent to the field is a part of Central High School and it's not very big. Most park on the street in the surrounding neighborhood. The field and school are adjacent to a hospital and medical offices, as well as, a residential neighborhood. Finding a place to park won't be an issue ... you may just have to walk a little bit to get to the stadium.

Thanks Drew. You guys will enjoy the venue. New turf field. Brand spanking new bleachers and concessions. They re-did the whole facility just a few years ago. New scoreboard. Excellent lighting. This was the second of four city fields that received upgrades. It's a wonderful place to watch a high school football game.

Parking. Get there early becuase the paking lot adjacent to the field is a part of Central High School and it's not very big. Most park on the street in the surrounding neighborhood. The field and school are adjacent to a hospital and medical offices, as well as, a residential neighborhood. Finding a place to park won't be an issue ... you may just have to walk a little bit to get to the stadium.

We played Hamilton there in 2012 and got spanked. It is a very nice facility though I seem to remember that the dressing rooms were very small and the team had to dress in shifts. This might be a problem on a cold rainy night.

GO BIG RED

We played Hamilton there in 2012 and got spanked. It is a very nice facility though I seem to remember that the dressing rooms were very small and the team had to dress in shifts. This might be a problem on a cold rainy night.

GO BIG RED

C'mon now olddevil, it wasn't a spanking. Just a very poorly played game by HC who was looking ahead to a matchup with Jackson Northside at the time...kind of a trap game in my opinion. Henry County was 8-2 tied for the district and Hamilton was 6-4 and didn't look all that impressive.

A little different this time around travelling to Crump - got revenge on our minds and something to prove!

Playing at Crump Stadium should yield MORE $$$...

I also think Sutton wants to play on the FACT that Henry Co. doesn't have fond memories playing there in 2012... I say that because a LOT of Orange Mound kids have attended Ridgeway in past years. It's a much easier drive down Park Ave. from Ridgeway High but Henry Co. has had success at Melrose Stadium... 

Smooth move by Sutton, Gamesmanship even   :popcorneater:

Edited by BlackHavenSenator