Hampton/Cloudland

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter County has talked consolidation of some of the county schools for a while now. Its been brought in to public hearings more than once and will probably happen eventually. Its been a big topic on this thread of how good of a Football team that school could have. Both schools are due either a huge upgrade or new school like within next 5 years or so.

Carter County has talked consolidation of some of the county schools for a while now. Its been brought in to public hearings more than once and will probably happen eventually. Its been a big topic on this thread of how good of a Football team that school could have. Both schools are due either a huge upgrade or new school like within next 5 years or so.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for cloudland and Hampton and it wouldn't just benefit football. They'd be able to offer a few more sports, maybe a few more classes. To top it off, it would still be a small school.

Speaking of visitors locker rooms brings me back to the days when I played.  We once went on the road and were promptly ushered to what amounted to a virtual broom closet to dress in.  We basically dressed in groups of 5 until everyone got suited up.  There was one shower in there with a shower head and a water hose at the bottom.  The field was so muddy we had to "hose off" after the game.  Funniest rinsing you ever saw....looked like we were prepping to get in a Haz-Mat Suit.  Just walked in and a coach hosed us down as best he could.  Thank God it was early September or we would have froze to death.  Still remember the linemen singing like pigs in a trough (looked like them too!) :roflol: I guess you just had to be there to appreciate the humor....!

Kazaloopey  :thumb:

Speaking of visitors locker rooms brings me back to the days when I played.  We once went on the road and were promptly ushered to what amounted to a virtual broom closet to dress in.  We basically dressed in groups of 5 until everyone got suited up.  There was one shower in there with a shower head and a water hose at the bottom.  The field was so muddy we had to "hose off" after the game.  Funniest rinsing you ever saw....looked like we were prepping to get in a Haz-Mat Suit.  Just walked in and a coach hosed us down as best he could.  Thank God it was early September or we would have froze to death.  Still remember the linemen singing like pigs in a trough (looked like them too!) :roflol: I guess you just had to be there to appreciate the humor....!

Kazaloopey  :thumb:

Kinda wish we had a trailer back then.....!  :roflol: 

Can you guys, HHS, not schedule some of the tougher schools around you to help prepare for the playoffs? Not Sullivan East, one of the other Sullivan Co teams that will give you a tough game. The positive, with your schedules over the past few years, has been that you will continue to have a high seed in the playoffs. That hasn't really helped the past 5 years. I think pujo is helping push the conditioning program, as are others. That will help, but playing tougher competition is the key.

That's not a bashing or degrading post. Just somebody that knows football, looking at it from outside the program.

Cloudland should be tested with their out of region schedule. Northveiw Academy and Knox Catholic will probably both be tough tests.