Obion County in NWTN.

ToBeHonest

Yes, I have heard the rumor of the D'burg assistant from Obion moving before.  You never know with people, I do believe that he and his family are happy here.  I guess it depends on how bad he wants to be a head coach, come people are comfortable being in the shadows.... Hope he stays but if he leaves good luck.....

You know, I am not 100% sure. In other counties, they do have zones for busing purposes. If you live outside of "this" zone you pay a $50 fee, etc.

To my knowledge any kid in the county can go to OC. That includes Union City and South Fulton which both have high schools. I am not sure if it works the other way though. I live in UC and my kids go to UC but as many kids in our neighborhood attend the county schools as attend UC. I don't know anyone who goes to UC who isn't zoned to do so but I guess its possible that it happens.

I would be shocked. With the young talent he has there why would he leave.

Think he is talking about Dyersburg DC Paul Decker. He is from Obion,but they have turned him down twice already. Coach Decker is a very good coach that loves his players, but I think he has a very good situation at Dyersburg. Also, his age might affect him. Usually schools like to hire younger guys as head coaches, so they can last for a long time. 

Edited by caddison17

I said the same thing but I heard OC was gonna give him a good raise

No way Stowe goes to Obion. NO Way!!! They do not have the personnel for his Wing T offense. You must be talking about Paul Decker. Plus there is no way Obion can pay him more money than Dyersburg. Dyersburg probably has the wealthiest boosters in West TN.

Edited by caddison17

The head coach at Dyer County is an OC grad and former assistant there as well...In my opinion the folks at OC want an "OC man" as their head coach...Decker and Kendall would be good places to start...Decker's been passed over before though and you wonder if that will come into play as well...

I to think that combining the feeder schools will be a big plus for OC...They have the facilities ( and they were refurbished recently )...No reason OC should floundering around with winless to two or three win seasons most years...

Personally, I wish them the best...