District 14A

lsj518

Copenoc, I wasn't referring to you but another poster. I stated, " in several post that Humboldt is young but Defense is what's going to keep them in games" but once they buy into Coach Abernathy system they will get better & surprise a lot of people!

Humboldt ALWAYS plays UC tougher than just about anyone...Big rivalry game...If you remember, I posted earlier that I wasn't in the 25 pt win club although I did think they would win...I didn't care if we only won by 1 pt...Getting out of Humboldt with a win is big...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt ALWAYS plays UC tougher than just about anyone...Big rivalry game...If you remember, I posted earlier that I wasn't in the 25 pt win club although I did think they would win...I didn't care if we only won by 1 pt...Getting out of Humboldt with a win is big...

Lol, you are so right and a realist! I tell people that all the time, a win is a win regardless if it's a one (1) point win!! Humboldt is young & will only get better in the next couple of months!

Top ranked Union City won on the road in district action tonight beating South Fulton 70-40...UC was led in scoring by Malik Stockdale with 30 pts and was followed by Marcus Deberry put in 23 pts....Union City improves to 18-2 overall and 9-0 in district play...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Ok, first half of the season is over & UC sits atop of 14A & you have the Vikings in second with Halls and South Fulton sitting in 3rd & 4th place. The only difference in the pre-season coaching poll is Humboldt at second & not fourth so it should be a interesting second half of basketball. Humboldt has halls, Lake County, Gibson County, and South Fulton at home but has to travel to UC last game of the season. If, the young Vikings can continue to improve on offense, they will be a tough out. Humboldt after losing seven (7) seniors & only returning Agnew as the only player that played last year, coach Abernathy has done a great job so far. The only game that they didn't have a chance  to win was lexington but was in every other game that they lost. So, the future looks bright for Humboldt with only two (2) senior starters & the coach playing about ten (10) players a game with a lot of sophmores & juniors. I've only saw Humboldt play against South Fulton & from what I saw defense is the Vikings strong point, coach Abernathy is teaching fundamental man defense & using the team quickness so I'm looking forward to catching a district tournament game but still a lot of basketball before then.         

Getting to the state tournament goes through Union City.....just remember that.  They are to much for just about anyone in west Tennessee.  Even though Humboldt played them well, Union City has prepared themselves by playing nationally ranked teams in their off games to get where they are today.  They play 12 deep so be ready to be tested on running up and down the floor.  Just stating the true facts !