State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

My son, who is a former Rebel and a referee, watched it on TV and said they showed a replay.  He hated to say it but he said the receiver clearly drug a toe inbounds.  Good call!

There were other calls that it showed on TV that weren't the right calls on the field. Hate to say this but the Oakland kid number 8 did intercept the ball in the back of the end zone and it clearly showed it in the replay. The announcers were kind of caught off guard also and shut their mouths and went on. There were a couple on Maryville also which kind of all evened out.any of the bad ones against Oakland. The game happens so fast it's impossible to catch it all no matter how good you are.

Pep I love our people that come to the games, It's the ones that are not I get upset over. People buying season tickets and not even coming to the games. Now I didn't go to Oakland because I felt like someone had beat me with a baseball bat and didn't think it would be the best situation to be in but I am so very thankful it was on TV. I had a feeling it was because that was the channel that had it last week and every time I went to their site what ever was on air was on the web also. 

I've joked about it asking if winning has become boring but I just don't have an answer why the stands aren't full like they used to be. There were three or four games this year we couldn't have filled the old stadium up and there has to be a reason. The number 1 team in the state and the stands are always half filled.  Pep your a smart person and you've seen as much football over thirty years as I have, what's your opinion.

Ya , I missed the Hardin Valley game because I felt like Crap , paid money hoping I could watch it online .... nuttin . 

Believe me Barn I feel just like you when I see some of our Crowds .... unbelievable , but a lot of people just take it for granted now I think . I Love watching a well coached team ... I'd rather watch the Maryville Rebels over any other team at any other Level . It amazes me that we don't have Standing room only at every game. You'd think there would be a lot of people , even if they're not from Maryville or a former player , who would just enjoy watching a team that is so well coached and such amazing execution . 

I will say , I Love our Away game Crowds . Our Crowd was awesome Friday night ... we were there early , we filled our side up , then had some on Oakland's side , and we were Loud and Proud . When we holler as Loud at Home we get a few Looks ??!! I don't know what the solution is Barn , I do know there will come a time when we may drop off and a Lot of People will realize just how Lucky we were .... I know it , that's for sure , unbelievable , since 1997 we have played in the State Championship game every year but 1999 & 2003 .... Good Lord ... just think about that .... Unbelievable . I'm proud to say I have been to every single one of those games ..... just like several other Die Hards I know . 

Ya , I missed the Hardin Valley game because I felt like Crap , paid money hoping I could watch it online .... nuttin . 

Believe me Barn I feel just like you when I see some of our Crowds .... unbelievable , but a lot of people just take it for granted now I think . I Love watching a well coached team ... I'd rather watch the Maryville Rebels over any other team at any other Level . It amazes me that we don't have Standing room only at every game. You'd think there would be a lot of people , even if they're not from Maryville or a former player , who would just enjoy watching a team that is so well coached and such amazing execution . 

I will say , I Love our Away game Crowds . Our Crowd was awesome Friday night ... we were there early , we filled our side up , then had some on Oakland's side , and we were Loud and Proud . When we holler as Loud at Home we get a few Looks ??!! I don't know what the solution is Barn , I do know there will come a time when we may drop off and a Lot of People will realize just how Lucky we were .... I know it , that's for sure , unbelievable , since 1997 we have played in the State Championship game every year but 1999 & 2003 .... Good Lord ... just think about that .... Unbelievable . I'm proud to say I have been to every single one of those games ..... just like several other Die Hards I know . 

One of the funniest posts I've read is when dude said "maryville wont fill up half the visitor section at Oakland" haha

One of the funniest posts I've read is when dude said "maryville wont fill up half the visitor section at Oakland" haha

Yep , I laughed too ... our away game Crowd is always awesome . I still feel like swapping every year no matter who is the higher seed is ridiculous .... but I was actually looking forward to the trip .... definitely some of my favorite Rebel memories have been on the Road !!

Pep I love our people that come to the games, It's the ones that are not I get upset over. People buying season tickets and not even coming to the games. Now I didn't go to Oakland because I felt like someone had beat me with a baseball bat and didn't think it would be the best situation to be in but I am so very thankful it was on TV. I had a feeling it was because that was the channel that had it last week and every time I went to their site what ever was on air was on the web also. 

I've joked about it asking if winning has become boring but I just don't have an answer why the stands aren't full like they used to be. There were three or four games this year we couldn't have filled the old stadium up and there has to be a reason. The number 1 team in the state and the stands are always half filled.  Pep your a smart person and you've seen as much football over thirty years as I have, what's your opinion.

As someone who has a season ticket, but doesn't go to every home game, I can tell you what it's about for me.  I love to go to the games.  I love my Maryville Rebels.  But I also have a child that has other activities and those sometimes supersede football games.  And, though I'm sure it would shock some people ;)  there are things going on in Maryville on Friday nights other than football.  LOL!  I continue to get season tickets because I want to support the team and school financially, but that doesn't mean I can be there every game. 

Yep , I laughed too ... our away game Crowd is always awesome . I still feel like swapping every year no matter who is the higher seed is ridiculous .... but I was actually looking forward to the trip .... definitely some of my favorite Rebel memories have been on the Road !!

I have a love/hate relationship with the swap.  I like to go to new stadiums and experience their crowds, their fans, and their atmosphere.  However, I also hate having to leave Maryville because it is always a scramble to make sure we actually get seats to see the game.  Not that we even use the seats for half the game, but I have to have somewhere to sit during halftime.  I also like to see our guys play on the road... some of our road wins have been extremely hard fought and it really shows their grit, heart, and determination when they come out and overcome the hostile environment to get a win.

As someone who has a season ticket, but doesn't go to every home game, I can tell you what it's about for me.  I love to go to the games.  I love my Maryville Rebels.  But I also have a child that has other activities and those sometimes supersede football games.  And, though I'm sure it would shock some people ;)  there are things going on in Maryville on Friday nights other than football.  LOL!  I continue to get season tickets because I want to support the team and school financially, but that doesn't mean I can be there every game. 

Mrs. Sheppy thanks for your comment on on why you buy your tickets and why you sometimes can't make it to the games. I myself have never found anything in Maryville going on that could top watching the number one team in the state play on Friday Night especially if I had the ticket in hand but I will tell you what I would do if I were the A.D. at Maryville High and looked at a half empty season ticket section every home game.  I would put a bar code on those tickets and as you entered the gate your ticket would be scanned letting the school know if they were used or not. I would only sell season tickets for the middle section and your seniority would be based on times you used your tickets the year before. If you had two tickets and they both were scanned at all five home games then you would have a perfect 100% allowing you to get first pick on the seats you wanted. If you missed a game them that set you back in line for second choice. So on and so forth which would stop all the no shows on Friday Night which sends a message to the young men on the field playing that no one cares anymore. I've been waiting five years now to meet the person that buys the two next to me but they've never shown up yet.