Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

So with LSU, UT and Ole Miss the score was what....35-0? And with three D1 recruits there was only 33 yards of offense. Not an expert, not a scout, and have nothing to offer but an opinion; one view on an open message board voiced by many. My view still stands that playing D1 is tough and if that was D1 talent playing last night the outcome should have been different. But I guess those that are experts who are making the offers see something I don't. If these players ever actually step on the field and play a down I will admit I was wrong (not that it matters or I matter because again I am just a fan offering an opinion that means nothing to these players or their futures). I honestly wish them luck in college because college ball from NAIA to SEC is no joke...it is definitely NOT 1A ball.   

So with LSU, UT and Ole Miss the score was what....35-0? And with three D1 recruits there was only 33 yards of offense. Not an expert, not a scout, and have nothing to offer but an opinion; one view on an open message board voiced by many. My view still stands that playing D1 is tough and if that was D1 talent playing last night the outcome should have been different. But I guess those that are experts who are making the offers see something I don't. If these players ever actually step on the field and play a down I will admit I was wrong (not that it matters or I matter because again I am just a fan offering an opinion that means nothing to these players or their futures). I honestly wish them luck in college because college ball from NAIA to SEC is no joke...it is definitely NOT 1A ball.

Were you at the game?

Agreed!; #35 (Bitulli?) is a legit D1 player, say what you want, also the concept of "team" always holds more weight than 1 player regardless of his talent. I am not going into detail but I have seen plenty players in TN on the 1A level play at the highest level, so nothing is as black and white as he may it sound.....lol

I agree, Bitilli is a great player and will probably go d1. I think Givens is being looked at for his size, coaches will draft these boys and out them in the weight room and then coach them how to play at the next level, you can't coach a kid into being 6'7! That has to come naturally. I wish them both the best in their future but on another note, Bitilli is only a junior so he still has another year unless Ensworth swipes him away from ncs! And I know I didn't spell his name right Edited by wildcat89

So with LSU, UT and Ole Miss the score was what....35-0? And with three D1 recruits there was only 33 yards of offense. Not an expert, not a scout, and have nothing to offer but an opinion; one view on an open message board voiced by many. My view still stands that playing D1 is tough and if that was D1 talent playing last night the outcome should have been different. But I guess those that are experts who are making the offers see something I don't. If these players ever actually step on the field and play a down I will admit I was wrong (not that it matters or I matter because again I am just a fan offering an opinion that means nothing to these players or their futures). I honestly wish them luck in college because college ball from NAIA to SEC is no joke...it is definitely NOT 1A ball.   

Believe it or not, it has happened b/4 and will happen again. There is a very huge sample size of games pertaining to this point. Trust me when I say, much crazier things have happened, I dont even have to do ANY research to understand this.....lol

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth and give credit where credit is due, both of those guys have potential to become a contributing factor ( in time ) to where ever they choose to go, IMO both are legit D1 recruits, so the result of the game didn't rely entirely on 2 guys,,,now to the game,,,I felt like NC played as hard as they could up front but was won by UC's front and excellent reaction speed and attack from UC's lb's and DB's.. Things closed up real quickly for NC in the run game, I thought NC dropped a cpl catchable balls for big gainers but it wouldn't have changed the result, UC put the ball on the ground a cpl times and recovered, then continue the drive,,,,at times NC defense looked really good, jumping in and out of a stacked line of scrimmage, NC coaches tried several looks and fronts against the UC line, the QB for UC is outstanding at what he does ! I love the ole style smash mouth FB and buddy UC does it bout as good as any small classification team I've ever seen, UC jus took away everything NC tried to do offensively and the eagles really struggled,,, I thought they should have run the McGraw #12 kid more to begin the game, he's the one that makes their offence open up a bit, but as I said earlier it wouldn't have mattered at the final buzzer,,, congrats to NC, next yr it will be you guys vs Peabody in the west semis,,,,Not being disrespectful but,, UC go get ur gold ball !

My comment on the " possible D1 Players" from NCS ( No Can't Score ) , they were all on the NCS team last year weren't they  that we TOTALLY DOMINATED and controlled also.  Size looks good on the field and paper but what is on the inside is what matters.  Union City gave your "Possible D1 Players" just a very small taste on how getting hit and playing against kids their own size and better can show....WEAKNESS.  Union City in no means a D1 or any college team but just shows...kids like you have talent wise are just a dime in a dozen. Private schools try and stack teams for championships and it hardly ever works.  I will take a total "TEAM" effort over any T(I)am effort.  You just ran across a team that shows how to play football...run, run and more running.  NO ONE can stop the "Fear The Veer".  Next !

Edited by ucdiditagain

I'll throw in my 2 cents worth and give credit where credit is due, both of those guys have potential to become a contributing factor ( in time ) to where ever they choose to go, IMO both are legit D1 recruits, so the result of the game didn't rely entirely on 2 guys,,,now to the game,,,I felt like NC played as hard as they could up front but was won by UC's front and excellent reaction speed and attack from UC's lb's and DB's.. Things closed up real quickly for NC in the run game, I thought NC dropped a cpl catchable balls for big gainers but it wouldn't have changed the result, UC put the ball on the ground a cpl times and recovered, then continue the drive,,,,at times NC defense looked really good, jumping in and out of a stacked line of scrimmage, NC coaches tried several looks and fronts against the UC line, the QB for UC is outstanding at what he does ! I love the ole style smash mouth FB and buddy UC does it bout as good as any small classification team I've ever seen, UC jus took away everything NC tried to do offensively and the eagles really struggled,,, I thought they should have run the McGraw #12 kid more to begin the game, he's the one that makes their offence open up a bit, but as I said earlier it wouldn't have mattered at the final buzzer,,, congrats to NC, next yr it will be you guys vs Peabody in the west semis,,,,Not being disrespectful but,, UC go get ur gold ball !

12 goes for 12 yards on 2 carries the first drive and gets the ball once the rest of the game. 35 who had great success a year ago gets the ball 2 times. I would've thought we would make them stop our best options. I assumed all year that when the big game was played, we would line up our best, full time on both sides of the ball. Definitely didn't happen.

My comment on the " possible D1 Players" from NCS ( No Can't Score ) , they were all on the NCS team last year weren't they that we TOTALLY DOMINATED and controlled also. Size looks good on the field and paper but what is on the inside is what matters. Union City gave your "Possible D1 Players" just a very small taste on how getting hit and playing against kids their own size and better can show....WEAKNESS. Union City in no means a D1 or any college team but just shows...kids like you have talent wise are just a dime in a dozen. Private schools try and stack teams for championships and it hardly ever works. I will take a total "TEAM" effort over any T(I)am effort. You just ran across a team that shows how to play football...run, run and more running. NO ONE can stop the "Fear The Veer". Next !

You're a true front runner. Just checked out your basketball posts. First loss...the excuses flow...next win...we're the greatest. I'm sure you mean well but man you have no tact.

My comment on the " possible D1 Players" from NCS ( No Can't Score ) , they were all on the NCS team last year weren't they  that we TOTALLY DOMINATED and controlled also.  Size looks good on the field and paper but what is on the inside is what matters.  Union City gave your "Possible D1 Players" just a very small taste on how getting hit and playing against kids their own size and better can show....WEAKNESS.  Union City in no means a D1 or any college team but just shows...kids like you have talent wise are just a dime in a dozen. Private schools try and stack teams for championships and it hardly ever works.  I will take a total "TEAM" effort over any T(I)am effort.  You just ran across a team that shows how to play football...run, run and more running.  NO ONE can stop the "Fear The Veer".  Next !

Well said. UC absolutely gave the NCS D1 players a real taste of getting hit and playing against kids their own size and look what happened...35-0, 33 yards of offense. If you are truly D1 it is a game changer especially in 1A football. But that didn't happen last night. Congrats again UC.

Well said. UC absolutely gave the NCS D1 players a real taste of getting hit and playing against kids their own size and look what happened...35-0, 33 yards of offense. If you are truly D1 it is a game changer especially in 1A football. But that didn't happen last night. Congrats again UC.

Never heard your response, were you at the game?