District 14A

volfan007

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City will be good, but they only have one dominate player. Greenfield has a couple of super talented players; however, Gibson County has four, maybe five players capable of going off for 20. It will take an off night, road game and perfect game for the competition to beat them. I don't see it happening. Gibson County goes undefeated in district play and wins the district easily.

Big win for UC. Looks like GC, Greenfield and UC will battle it out. Greenfield will start playing better. GC will have more depth with Hayes coming in at point after Christmas. If she only plays a quarter a game, it might be enough to keep our depth solid and keep Lannom and Fields out of foul trouble. UC obviously is playing better than most thought. Going to be fun watching.

Don't know much about the Hayes girl other than. What I've been told by pretty reliable sources. Problem I see is our girls not being tested. Strolling along right now with not a of energy and emotion. Went up by 20 last night in first quarter and cold tell they got bored with the freshman rotating in as well. Closest game all year was Obion Co when we were up 16-17 points at end of 3rd. Smithson and lannom had 15 pts ea and fields and white had 14 Pts ea in that game. If they can keep the scoring spread out and play with emotion and energy for 4 quarters it could be something special. And to think they are all back next year with a LOADED freshman class coming in.

Should Union City's girls move up to 2A or just the sports at UC that are going to challenge for a state title ?...

No they shouldn, t move up.They are not very good this year.Probably middle of the pack with Lake Co.Gibson Co is the best team followed by Greenfield.I know the reason you are asking Volfan this question but better stay in Single A.Union Ciry girls are back to the UC teams of past years

You see them giving Gibson County trouble come tourney time?

No way.Lake Co had UC beat at UC .Had a 1 point lead and the ball with about 10 seconds leftvand UC trapping LC and fouling and a bogus ghost walking call against by young kid official.Things and bad calls happen but Gibson Co will beat Union City by 20 plus points.Probably close to 30..Union City has beaten Lake Co and south Fulton.They really did something by beating those two teams Edited by mrbigster

China Hayes is a kid that has played a ton of AAU basketball throughout her young career. Her mom and dad are serious as a heart attack about basketball. They have had that kid all over the country playing basketball. It is a huge pickup for GC. She left just like the King girl left. They are more serious about basketball than the administration. I have said that all along on this board about South Gibson.