State Semifinal:Rhea County at Knox West

BigDave1967

Facts

1. The best team won.

2. Rhea played with tremendous heart in the second half.

3. West thought it was over and big mo got on rheas side in 2nd half.

4. The crew was from the rock wood Harriman area where pemberton lives.

5. One official on the crew played for pemberton at rockwood.

6. No way he drew the play up that way.

7. Officials were bad both ways though west was hurt more by the calls.

8. Game over.West won. Great season by Rhea as well.

Well said.

So NOW our coach cheated?  All other biotching aside, THIS is going too far.  Now you are attacking Coach Pemberton's character.  It's been suggested he is friends with the refs, that he coached the refs, and now you say he cheated.  You are a disgrace to this board.  It's one thing to dissect a game to death (which you all have and you WON - I can't imagine if you'd lost), but to question our coach's character is beyond acceptable.  I find YOU disgusting.

I agree. And I am confused as to why some think there was a penalty. The highlights clearly show that number 85 was lined up as the end on that play.  He was not lined up as an interior lineman.  There were 2 linemen to the right of the center, 2 lineman to the left of the center and 85 to the right of the 2 lineman on the right.  The half back is then lined up away from the TE on that side a yard or so over and not on the line.  So the halfback is not on the line which allows 85 to be an eligible receiver.  

The only point of disagreement could be whether the halfback was off the line but if you compare where he is lined up and 85 is lined up - 85 is on the line and the half back isn't.  so 85 is the end and thus eligible to catch a pass.   There was nothing trickery or illegal about this play.  

Edited by TNVolFan2000

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-whM-fMEngw

Here is a link. Play is at 11:45 mark. 86 looks like he is about a yard off the ball to me, but it's close. Thought this would help everybody out.

If you know ANYTHING about football you can see that this was an ILLEGAL formation and it was clear that Pemberton and "his boys" were cheating at this point.  It's just sad that TSSAA has not addressed this issue yet.  To say that the officiating was bad on both sides of the ball is simply NOT TRUE.  West got the worse end of this one and Pemberton and those Officials need to be investigated.  West was about to make this a BLOWOUZT before the flags began in the 1st half.  Should have been a running clock in the 2nd half without the bogus holding on Marshall's TD run.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-whM-fMEngw

Here is a link. Play is at 11:45 mark. 86 looks like he is about a yard off the ball to me, but it's close. Thought this would help everybody out.

If that is the case, which he is clearly on the ball, then there are not enough men on the LOS... However, you just keep looking at it the way you see it.

If that is the case, which he is clearly on the ball, then there are not enough men on the LOS... However, you just keep looking at it the way you see it.

Man I have absolutely no dog in this hunt and could care less, I just happened to click on here and read what was going on and thought I would link the video. Geez you guys are bitter and tore up. Glad my patriots beat west last year, but apparently it hasn't taken the air out of y'all's heads.

Man I have absolutely no dog in this hunt and could care less, I just happened to click on here and read what was going on and thought I would link the video. Geez you guys are bitter and tore up. Glad my patriots beat west last year, but apparently it hasn't taken the air out of y'all's heads.

I did enjoy my Falcons win this past Friday! Not even close to a West fan and definitely not a fan of incompetent stripes!