State Semifinal:Rhea County at Knox West

BigDave1967

Really bad officiating. Vast majority went against West. Don't know who was trying to defend the no call on the TD pass to #85 to tie it, but that was the type of call that gets a ref banned from working again. Believe that the offsetting unsportsmanlike fouls were post possession, which means West should have kept the ball at least after the inadvertent whistle. Not to mention that there was a few TDs called back against West for holding. You could call holding on every single down of a high school football game. These guys wanted to be seen last night. Very very poor!

Thank god someone here has some sense. Penalties that happen after the play DONT AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF THE PLAY, only the placement of the ball. CHILDREN KNOW THAT for gods sake

Just want to go back a week. When Rhea County came to Oak Ridge, I was VERY impressed with the team, the coaches, and the fans. Class all the way around. And last night, I saw the same thing. I don't want my view of the officiating to take anything away from the effort of Rhea County.

BUT, anyone who tries to say "it was bad both ways" is just dead wrong! This game would not have been close without the zebras. No one can say the Rhea faithful had anything to do with the officiating. If this were college or pro game an investigation into a "fix" or manipulating the spread would be national news for weeks.

I would be very curious to see which games these guys called during the year and see if the favored team did poorly or the scores were much closer than expected.

Edited by OR nole

Just want to go back a week. When Rhea County came to Oak Ridge, I was VERY impressed with the team, the coaches, and the fans. Class all the way around. And last night, I saw the same thing. I don't want my view of the officiating to take anything away from the effort of Rhea County.

BUT, anyone who tries to say "it was bad both ways" is just dead wrong! This game would not have been close without the zebras. No one can say the Rhea faithful had anything to do with the officiating. If this were college or pro game an investigation into a "fix" or manipulating the spread would be national news for weeks.

I would be very curious to see which games these guys called during the year and see if the favored team did poorly or the scores were much closer than expected.

1st half stat- total yrds West=287 Rhea Co= 22

I dvr'd the game. I'm sitting here laughing at this horrible officiating crew!! They shouldn't be able to ref a church softball game!!! Horrible!!! Way to go West Rebels y'all pulled off the upset of the year beating these clowns!!

And just to clarify, by "clowns" you are referring to the officials, not the Rhea County Eagles, correct?

Nothing against Rhea County at all , but I just finished watching this game that I had TiVoed last night , and I don't know how anyone could say those refs weren't extremely biased . Where in the world were they From ?? I'm not a West Fan , I will pull for them because I will pull for all the East TN teams , but how could any Rhea fan not agree that the Refs were terrible ?? 

Edited by pepvol

Nothing against Rhea County at all , but I just finished watching this game that I had TiVoed last night , and I don't know how anyone could say those refs weren't extremely biased . Where in the world were they From ?? I'm not a West Fan , I will pull for them because I will pull for all the East TN teams , but how could any Rhea fan not agree that the Refs were terrible ??

SS told me they officiated a OR game this yr and was just has horrible. He didn't know where they from.

I spoke to a guy that was on the crew for this game last night. He swears there was no home-cookin. He quoted Cam Brady '012.