State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

Different fellers look at 1/2 a glass of water differently, half empty or half full. The 1st drive of the 2nd half showed the Warriors strength, and that is Blake toting the rock right at the defense. The Warriors set the tone for the rest of the game which that success opened the speed sweeps to Brown & Henderson. Often times coaching staffs try to be something else. Go with your strength and everyone knows what that is. Great effort by the kids, they are the heroes, not someone arguing with the headlinesman all night!

Half empty/half full doesn't matter. That was a huge adjustment by the coaching staff. The players play assignment football (do their job) and the coaches assign jobs. The 1st 4 times we ran outside in the 2nd half their ends were laying on their backside. Yes the players executed their assignments but they didn't make that adjustment on their own. There is no doubt that Blake up the middle and off tackle is their strength but getting the edge will loosen up the d just a little as it did as well as conditioning (another huge thing a coach is responsible for). I give all praise to these young men for playing their hearts out but they don't get out of bed and run/lift before school because they want too. To be seccessful you have to have all parts-coaching,players,and community all buying into what the coaches are selling.

Yep. GCA showed up and shut them out the first half. Kudos to MC for playing tough 4 quarters. You've got a good team....

Congrats to Marion County on a great win. Poster above from outside the valley noted that MC has a good TEAM, something not to many local non Marion fans have been willing to admit. Huge win against a quality opponent last night. Respect to all players and coaches; looking forward to that Gold Ball this time next week. Stay focused and finish the journey. Classic game for the ages last night.

Half empty/half full doesn't matter. That was a huge adjustment by the coaching staff. The players play assignment football (do their job) and the coaches assign jobs. The 1st 4 times we ran outside in the 2nd half their ends were laying on their backside. Yes the players executed their assignments but they didn't make that adjustment on their own. There is no doubt that Blake up the middle and off tackle is their strength but getting the edge will loosen up the d just a little as it did as well as conditioning (another huge thing a coach is responsible for). I give all praise to these young men for playing their hearts out but they don't get out of bed and run/lift before school because they want too. To be seccessful you have to have all parts-coaching,players,and community all buying into what the coaches are selling.

+infinity..........couldn't have said it better myself. Op must be sick......he looks a little green!!!!!

a former Coach in the North Georgia area has expressed an interest in a high paying job that came open two weeks ago.

And i am sure it's Ross right? All I can say is that he will be here until he leaves. 1 year or 15 years who knows. We both know how rumors are in this area. I wouldn't bet the farm on any of them.