State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

LOPAO.......You sir give too much credit to the coaching, Fact is little adjustments were made if anything substantial except what Old Pirate saw was a talented resourceful bunch of players that got focused for the task at hand and dug down deep and fought for their life's and won a game they allowed Grace to hang around in. Coaching get too much credit like you are throwing around and too much blame like what is going on in SP. The fact is the players win games by playing tough, performing their assignments and having enough heart to overcome adversity! OP has never said the coaching was bad at Jasper, that is something you assumed on you own. This is the group all knew would be special long ago. This success belongs to the young men that feuds on the field. You sir need to give the credit to the players!
Edited by OLD PIRATE

You sir with all do respect, are the only idiot on here that can't give a coach credit.

BTW, Old Pirate ain't feeling No respect from you Youngon. Old Pirate knowd your grand pappy, he sure wouldn't take kindly to you dis-respecting your elders! Recon, you need a course in manners too....LOPAO.... GO WAR EAGLES....most of you Vol fans all have similar traits....you love SOS. BTW, another one of your man crushes will be on the sidelines tonight, be sure to watch Saban cuss and be on his backside! Edited by OLD PIRATE

LOPAO.......You sir give too much credit to the coaching, Fact is little adjustments were made if anything substantial except what Old Pirate saw was a talented resourceful bunch of players that got focused for the task at hand and dug down deep and fought for their life's and won a game they allowed Grace to hang around in. Coaching get too much credit like you are throwing around and too much blame like what is going on in SP. The fact is the players win games by playing tough, performing their assignments and having enough heart to overcome adversity! OP has never said the coaching was bad at Jasper, that is something you assumed on you own. This is the group all knew would be special long ago. This success belongs to the young men that feuds on the field. You sir need to give the credit to the players!

I saw one major halting adjustment.... M.C. started crack blocking their ends who were flying up field in the first half. This allowed us to get the edge. If not for that one adjustment then we would not have won that game. Getting the edge opened up the middle just enough to sustain a couple of crucial drives. I didn't see any on the defensive side. Game plan worked just fine. Gotta give credit where credit is due and that one is all on the coaches. A leader can lead in any direction. I believe M.C. has a leader who knows the path to success. But your right in one thing... the players have to believe in their leader and execute. I believe that they did that.

I saw one major halting adjustment.... M.C. started crack blocking their ends who were flying up field in the first half. This allowed us to get the edge. If not for that one adjustment then we would not have won that game. Getting the edge opened up the middle just enough to sustain a couple of crucial drives. I didn't see any on the defensive side. Game plan worked just fine. Gotta give credit where credit is due and that one is all on the coaches. A leader can lead in any direction. I believe M.C. has a leader who knows the path to success. But your right in one thing... the players have to believe in their leader and execute. I believe that they did that.

Different fellers look at 1/2 a glass of water differently, half empty or half full. The 1st drive of the 2nd half showed the Warriors strength, and that is Blake toting the rock right at the defense. The Warriors set the tone for the rest of the game which that success opened the speed sweeps to Brown & Henderson. Often times coaching staffs try to be something else. Go with your strength and everyone knows what that is. Great effort by the kids, they are the heroes, not someone arguing with the headlinesman all night! Edited by OLD PIRATE

You're correct pride, bad choice of words, I apologize. I was just trying to summarize the last 4:00 & all the penalties & mental miscues like having to take the timeout & the late hit. Choked was not a good choice of words. Sorry Rams, no disrespect intended. The "fog of war" is prolly a better choice. 'Nider meant no disrespect :thumb:

Besides as much as we fight & make up I though I was family :roflol:

Pride, thought I'd hear from you but I see you were posting and I haven't. Hope you aren't still "fighting" mad.

BTW who is Steve A. Smith?

A well coached team beat another well coached team.Good luck to the Warriors that was some good coaching at the break!I have a question to the Marion fans and im sure a Pitt guy might know as well.We used to scrimmage MC alot in the 80's(85 or 86) they had a heck of a football player and i cant remember his name LB i believe.He was a stud!I think he went by a nickname.Been along time cant remember his name.

A well coached team beat another well coached team.Good luck to the Warriors that was some good coaching at the break!I have a question to the Marion fans and im sure a Pitt guy might know as well.We used to scrimmage MC alot in the 80's(85 or 86) they had a heck of a football player and i cant remember his name LB i believe.He was a stud!I think he went by a nickname.Been along time cant remember his name.

Pumpy Tudors?