Boyd Buchanan 2015

reaction

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you another question. Does that Reynolds man have this stupid flag football mess like Grider does? What kind of mess is that? Our boys need to learn how to nock somebodys block off and you cant playing tag football. Let me ask you another question. Does that Reynolds man train his blockers to do side body blocks to nock a hole for the runners? Our boys need to learn how to do that better and you cant do it playing that stupid tag football mess. You think im joking but im not.

I hated 7on7 as a player. Not a fan as a dad but at least I get to watch football. It could be worse I guess.

To answer your question......yes we do the touch football in helmets thing.

I hated 7on7 as a player. Not a fan as a dad but at least I get to watch football. It could be worse I guess.

To answer your question......yes we do the touch football in helmets thing.

You mean that durn Reynolds man does that touch football mess to? I garuntee you that those boys cant do good side body blocks with durn flags in there pockets. Will you ask that Reynolds man of his blockers do side body blocks to nock holes for that Matthews boy to run through?

You mean that durn Reynolds man does that touch football mess to? I garuntee you that those boys cant do good side body blocks with durn flags in there pockets. Will you ask that Reynolds man of his blockers do side body blocks to nock holes for that Matthews boy to run through?

Roy, I've told you before that the football authority that is CGR only talks to me about what I'm supposed to be doing and fishing. If I start asking those type of questions he'll find someone else to do my job.

My opinion best player on the team is #1. I think it's his number. He was freshman last year I think played safety. He was most athletic to me and was all over the ball, pass or run. If he is 6'2 now and playing offense I think he is a special player. He will play at small next level. Bank on it. And remember I said it.

Being an ex NAIA small school player years and years ago, I think the quality of athlete these days is much better than when I played.  I always follow local players around the area if they continue their career.  Anyone know of any upcoming Boyd seniors that are on any radars, have desire, have early offers, etc.?

Roy, I've told you before that the football authority that is CGR only talks to me about what I'm supposed to be doing and fishing. If I start asking those type of questions he'll find someone else to do my job.

Fishing? What kind of mess is this? Let me ask you another question. Has that Stone man that used to coach for Grider have his brother over there coaching for that Reynolds man now? I looked in my Murphy Fair book and it says there are two Stone men coaching for that Reynolds man. You think im joking but im not.

Being an ex NAIA small school player years and years ago, I think the quality of athlete these days is much better than when I played.  I always follow local players around the area if they continue their career.  Anyone know of any upcoming Boyd seniors that are on any radars, have desire, have early offers, etc.?

I agree the quality of athlete is much better. One of the key differences is the academics. The team GPA is around 3.2 I think with several 4.0 guys. Football is gravy but you get a lot of attention when a school can hand you academic money to help you come there to play football. # 5 is definitely a prospect but will probably play college baseball. Great kid with good grades and showing up well at all the baseball camps. #1 has really good grades and will play somewhere. #2 does well in the classroom and will have an opportunity somewhere. #86 has been offered by Davidson and Cumberland with heavy interest from Bucknell, ETSU, etc. He does really well in the classroom. He will play somewhere. #10/21 has good grades and has interest from schools in that Maryville College, Sewanee, etc. level. I missed a bunch of guys in that senior class but know they are all headed to college and do pretty well in the classroom. I expect the interest will heat up for these guys after the season starts. The lesson here is the classroom performance opens up so many options because there are really good schools that can't give full athletic rides. These guys compete in the classroom as much or more than they do on the field. They are making their own breaks. It drives me nuts to listen to parents complain about the coaches or someone else not giving their kid recruiting love or promoting them when they emphasized the field performance and not the classroom all through high school. Self inflicted wounds here. Also, these high priced camps like Football University prey on the parent's belief that their kid is a 4 or 5 star. Tell them what you want to hear about your son and take their money to keep them coming back. Big business.