Boyd Buchanan 2015

reaction

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishing? What kind of mess is this? Let me ask you another question. Has that Stone man that used to coach for Grider have his brother over there coaching for that Reynolds man now? I looked in my Murphy Fair book and it says there are two Stone men coaching for that Reynolds man. You think im joking but im not.

i think his name is Roy Stone

I don't have one yet either. I was hoping Roy would give us some insight but he would want to charge money for it. As much as he charges to get into his stadium he would probably charge $5 for any information. I aint jokin either

I'm surprised that Murphy Fair sells a lot of their annuals considering they're 12 dollars

I agree the quality of athlete is much better. One of the key differences is the academics. The team GPA is around 3.2 I think with several 4.0 guys. Football is gravy but you get a lot of attention when a school can hand you academic money to help you come there to play football. # 5 is definitely a prospect but will probably play college baseball. Great kid with good grades and showing up well at all the baseball camps. #1 has really good grades and will play somewhere. #2 does well in the classroom and will have an opportunity somewhere. #86 has been offered by Davidson and Cumberland with heavy interest from Bucknell, ETSU, etc. He does really well in the classroom. He will play somewhere. #10/21 has good grades and has interest from schools in that Maryville College, Sewanee, etc. level. I missed a bunch of guys in that senior class but know they are all headed to college and do pretty well in the classroom. I expect the interest will heat up for these guys after the season starts. The lesson here is the classroom performance opens up so many options because there are really good schools that can't give full athletic rides. These guys compete in the classroom as much or more than they do on the field. They are making their own breaks. It drives me nuts to listen to parents complain about the coaches or someone else not giving their kid recruiting love or promoting them when they emphasized the field performance and not the classroom all through high school. Self inflicted wounds here. Also, these high priced camps like Football University prey on the parent's belief that their kid is a 4 or 5 star. Tell them what you want to hear about your son and take their money to keep them coming back. Big business.

nice update on kids. Find it impressive with some of the schools listed, especially the early offers. Even more impressive is the focus on grades and the doors that opens. In the long run that is what counts. Great lesson learned