CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

I know it's tough losing in the state championship game but you Coalfield boys keep your heads up and be proud of what you all have accomplished! In the future y'all will look back and realize what a special season y'all had, it takes a great group of young men to reach this point when coming from such a small community! Congratulations!

first of all congrats to union city on an awesome season,  i must say a few things though, im proud of my yellow jackets and a silver ball but im just sick about that third qtr and 6 turnovers. I think that CF would still lose though but without killing ourselves maybe a 35-20 ish type game, further more to some of the posts ive read leading into this game about how UC was gonna hit CF like they've never been hit, coalfield has never seen anything UC, #50 was gonna show #55 stewart thing hes never seen well thats just bull crap pure bull crap. I can tell you that  S.pitt last year against CF was a harder hitting team. Cloudland and greenback this year was a harder hitting game,  thats just my opinion based on what i seen today. UC is a awesome team, today was a record setting day for them and UC fully earned the 1A title. Congrats to UC..... no sour grapes here these are just my honest thoughts.

first of all congrats to union city on an awesome season, i must say a few things though, im proud of my yellow jackets and a silver ball but im just sick about that third qtr and 6 turnovers. I think that CF would still lose though but without killing ourselves maybe a 35-20 ish type game, further more to some of the posts ive read leading into this game about how UC was gonna hit CF like they've never been hit, coalfield has never seen anything UC, #50 was gonna show #55 stewart thing hes never seen well thats just bull crap pure bull crap. I can tell you that S.pitt last year against CF was a harder hitting team. Cloudland and greenback this year was a harder hitting game, thats just my opinion based on what i seen today. UC is a awesome team, today was a record setting day for them and UC fully earned the 1A title. Congrats to UC..... no sour grapes here these are just my honest thoughts.

SP might have hit harder last year but UC beat them to.

The cupboard is not bare at UC...We have 12 juniors, a few who played a lot today and have been involved in 27 straight wins and back-to-back state titles...We have 13 sophomores that have been practicing against this bunch all year and we have 12 freshmen...We have another Jernigan, Austin, coming up the lineman ranks and a running back, Tashawn Allen, that you will be hearing about...This program doesn't play around in the weight room and they will only get bigger, stronger and faster...This is what coaches, any worth their salt anyway, live for...An opportunity to teach and build up guys that are hungry to win...

there are 2 more jernigan family members on next year's team. Jenny's youngest son, conner hurt and Jack's oldest son, jackson page.
  • Upvote 1

SP might have hit harder last year but UC beat them to.

yes i know, s.pitt  UC last year was a much more competitive game, at least in the second half anyway, today was my first look at UC live, they had a awesome team, well balanced and good team speed, CF played 4-6 freshman today and i knew they would be nervous as heck and it showed,  CF team would have to play a turnover free game and exacute flawlessly to even come to within 7-14 points of them, they are very good.