CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Coalfield, you did well.  You did something to our team not one other team could, take a lead at 8 - 7.  Your team played very well, your Q B will be one everyone will know come his Junior and Senior Year.  The Stewart kid, #55, sir, you are good and Tennessee should be proud to have you.  Coalfield had to many break downs in the 3rd quarter but Union City had way to much fire power at the end.  What a season by Union City, what a season !   One that has gone down in many ways of records and will not be touched for year to come I would say.  Union City will be strong next season but loosing one of the best ever Senior Classes ever to wear the Purple and Gold on the field.  Both teams played hard, played fair and not one cheap shot or players jawing much.  At the end, respect was shown before, during and at the end of the game by both teams and fans.  Coalfield, you represented and will continue to represent your community well as well as East Tennessee.  A very bright future is ahead for you folks.  Union City, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES !

first of all congrats to union city on an awesome season,  i must say a few things though, im proud of my yellow jackets and a silver ball but im just sick about that third qtr and 6 turnovers. I think that CF would still lose though but without killing ourselves maybe a 35-20 ish type game, further more to some of the posts ive read leading into this game about how UC was gonna hit CF like they've never been hit, coalfield has never seen anything UC, #50 was gonna show #55 stewart thing hes never seen well thats just bull crap pure bull crap. I can tell you that  S.pitt last year against CF was a harder hitting team. Cloudland and greenback this year was a harder hitting game,  thats just my opinion based on what i seen today. UC is a awesome team, today was a record setting day for them and UC fully earned the 1A title. Congrats to UC..... no sour grapes here these are just my honest thoughts.

The game of football is basically controlled by turnovers....99% of the time the team that wins with the number of total turnovers ( number of fumbles by your team or anyone team) is the looser at the end of the game.  No harm done but if you played us 10 times, you would loose, 10 times.   Great game plan, your Q B is going to be a good one.  #55 is really good but only had 4 tackles which I was surprised.  Union City had way to much speed for the outside.  We could have passed but only a couple of time not wanting to run the score up.  Go read my post of what I took from the game as I was able to make the trip, I praised your team well.   Still in Cookeville to see all games.  Your team has a bright future.  It was Union City's year, It was Union City's day.  No one could slow us down but your team did for 2 quarters, most in the season.  We had 12 Mercy rules this year, your team adding to that.  Your team actually gave more of a fight than the Private school NCS.  Don't hang your head.  Let us enjoy the GOLD.  These years only come around very seldom. 

Edited by ucdiditagain

Haven't read the other comments, but just wanted to say congratulations to Coalfield on a great season.  I've gotten to know quite a few people there because my grandson played baseball with a Coalfield team, and I love the way the community backs each other up and are just really nice people.  You guys should be very proud of such a great season and being runner-up in the State tournament!  Way to go!

Who would u say was your all toughest opponent all year and where u think we stacked up? I think if we limited some of our unforced turnover it could have been a little better game. UC is a well oiled machine that had us outclassed in every aspect except for maybe in the trenchs where I think we was on par with y'all. Like to hear your all's opinion, because the score doesn't always give you the true tale of the tape. Dont get me wrong, I believe you all was one of the toughest teams we played all year, except for maybe Knoxville Catholic and they were ranked #2 in 4A at the time.

Being a UC fan I'm very proud of what our team has accomplished, but this post is about Coalfield. I live in a small community near UC and understand how much pride smaller communities can have. My hats off to Coalfield. They were told all week that they didn't belong here. They didn't believe it. They played hard from the opening kick and when they got behind I never saw anyone give up nor did I see any of their fans leave early. I also have to say something about Stewart and Bible. Stewart played hard every minute he was on the field. Will enjoy watching him at Tennessee. we've been a good tackling team all year but today Bible pulled loose from some good hits and it took a 2nd or 3rd tackler to bring him down. Both players lived up to the hype about them.

Over the last few years we have played some very spirited games with SP and WC. Because of the interaction with those schools and their fans and the respect I have gained for them, I now follow them every week. Tonight  I added Coalfield to that list.