CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

well written and informative. im all for great schools and top notch sport facilities, union city appears to have as nice as anyone in the state on any level from what little ive seen and heard, CF is a small community not even a town, fourth or fifth from the smallest in the state, CF has done darn good to get to this point, hopefully well see a competitive game and if not a silver ball will be awesome. no one anywhere gives them a chance to be within 35 to 42 points of UC.

Great attitude with reasonable expectations. Coalfield will play hard on Friday.

I agree the only reason Stewart won it cause they haven't seen Jernigan dominate him yet.

i can promise you that wont happen, wake up men, no one has dominated stewart ever in high school our other lineman probably but not stewart, i watched the live feed of mr football today zach reached out to shake hands with jernigan and jernigan just stood there no hand shake, whats that about? sour hes the runner up? 

i can promise you that wont happen, wake up men, no one has dominated stewart ever in high school our other lineman probably but not stewart, i watched the live feed of mr football today zach reached out to shake hands with jernigan and jernigan just stood there no hand shake, whats that about? sour hes the runner up?

That's disappointing if Jernigan reacted in that fashion.

That is a lie about Jernigan not shaking hands with Stewart. They shook hands several times before and after the presentation, and talked with each other more than any other players there. That, my fellow coach T'ers is the truth. I was there in person, not over some live feed.

Granted there can be mass confusion during ceremonies and people are being moved around by ushers and not recognize a hand being offered when not looking at it. Definitely no disrespect given if perceived that way in tv/Internet.

Edited by Atlas

Sir, Mr. Stewart should have taken his chance and sat down with the kid from NCS that Jernigan whipped this past Friday night to gain a few extra pointers because he is going to need them in a bad, way.  #55 will be wanting oxygen by the end of the 1st quarter and begging for a rest.  He to will also find out that high school is not match to college but playing Union City will be the next closes thing...lol.  The kid ( #55 Stewart ) from C F we know is good and won the Mr. Football Award back to back but Union City kids have their eye on something the Stewart kid wishes he could win and won't, Back to Back GOLD ( Team ) Footballs.  he will find out Friday morning when he goes up against the toughest line he has faced since being in high school.  Just ask the other 90% people on here who aren't from Union City, saw the NCS or any other game.  They will tell you a buzz saw is in your path of a state championship.

some of these UC posts are very funny, UC is the next closest thing to college, your funny do you realize what a dumb statement that is. UC may win but calling out CF players personally is tacky, stop it. 

your full of bull, he's won mvp of every camp hes been to Oklahoma, S.carolina, atlanta, if hes not that good then why two straight mr fb tn???do you even know how to grade lineman, well I do and so does UT i dont see any of UC's lineman coming to UT, oh by the way he plays the whole game not just on offense. thats a terrible post.

I'm not saying anything about Stewart because i haven't seen him play. I was going to say something about TN knowing something about lineman. Have you sren their line the last few years

The great thing about this UC team, is they are themselves pretty humble. The fans are not humble, but the kids are. Stewart is a great high school lineman and will surely do well at UT. Jernigan has had a great high school career as well, though not as publicized / advertised / marketed as Stewart or NCS's Givens.

Not my opinion really, It was more of a rib towards the union city people not giving coalfield a chance what so ever. I'm a coalfield graduate and will think they will win this game until the final horn sounds  Friday.

im a cf grad too, i honestly think will be out maned in some very important areas were playing freshman, im going to it and will be proud with whatever happens, ive went to every playoff this year.