CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

yes it was terrible they could have scored 80pts that night on us, we were terrible, they pulled stewart and bible out, we are playing alot better now, im not unrealistic though we may get mercy ruled and beat by 40 points friday, oh well ive enjoyed this teams playoff run and a silver ball will be just fine for a 5 loss team..... UC though .... my gosh some of these posters talk like east tn has never seen a team like them, alcoa, fulton, west ,maryville, we know football well in e. tn

My apologies; I'm not usually like this. No doubt Stewart is a great lineman; but as a vols fan he needs to get off the ball quicker and be more aggressive. He has great size just needs to improve and I'm sure he will. Congratulations to him for winning the Mr. Football award for a second year. And we'll take the gold ball for a second year. Stewart might hold his own but the rest of the jackets will have a tough time handling the complete package UC has.

South Pitt and Trousdale are the cream of the crop in single A.

Both great programs and I respect them very much but one can't deny what UC has done the last five years, but when any program starts winning on a regular basis then everybody assumes they're cheating. I say congrats to these fine programs and what they've done! Yes it's hard for small town schools to compete but there's not much more that can be done about it, maybe start a 1/2a class for schools that are in a town with a population of under 3000

Im not saying he's not good. Im just saying he's not worth the 4 stars. If he is he should not let any of our defensive linemen by him once. I dont knowif that will happen cause with our ququickness off the ball and he dont fire off the ball it will be a long day. The same thing happened with Givens. If im wrong I will admit it; which the vols side of me hopes I am.

Have you seen the game.

If I'm not mistaking, the Stewart has unbelievable strength. Before the season started he was benching 450. But your right he could improve on his explosiveness off the ball. But he's being recruited for an offensive lineman.

He recruited by many Division 1 colleges I believe. Both him and Jernigan were Mr. Football finalist.