CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

I would also like to say that most of you union city fans probably think I'm a from coalfield. I'm not I did not attend cf or live there, but I really like coach henry and that community. Union city fans though keep saying we have never seen a team like union city. I'm from maryville grew up there played there was part of the 74 straight wins. Union city couldn't touch maryville. That's a mute point thorough. When I played there the fans thought like you we were unbeatable no team could touch us and for the most part it was true. But if this whole season was to play for second place in 1a because Uc can't lose then why play this season if your any other team. Let me enlighten you guys. 2006 maryville steam rolls through season then comes brainerd out of Chattanooga in first round. They have a 4-6 record and like 30 varsity players we have a 40 game win streak over a hundred players . They bring 7 fans to the game we had thousands we won 30-26 they didn't care who we were how great a unit we were. I guarantee they had never seen a team like us. But they competed and was there at the end with a chance to win. Now my senior year 2008 riding a 74 game win streak longest in nation at that time. We lose to Hillsboro a team we were more talented than better coached but on that day they played better. My point is you all act like coalfield should lay over and admit defeat cause union city is unbeatable even maryville is beatable. Trust me coach henry and those cf boys do not think well we made it to cookeville and now union city is going to beat us by 40 no they think they can win. Remember this is football I have no doubt that union city more talented at almost most the positions and have more depth. But this is the championship anything is possible even coalfield winning go coalfield show these golden tornadoes some humility and bring them off there pedestal

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1+1   GO COALFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion Napier was the best lineman Coalfield has EVER had.Stewart is good no doubt but last yr we played two others that were better.One played for Meigs and the other was Napier.Wear me out over it if you want but it is what it is.Watch the Jones kid from Oakland that kid is a SEC D-1 lineman,Stewart may make one but not anytime soon.JMO!

Ill agree about Napier being the best OL that coalfield had last year. I don't know about EVER as there have been some good ones. I would however take Stewart over him as a DL.

Listen I don't know BigDave , never seen him at a game.  He might say he likes Basin, but I don't know who he is.  I know most if not all the others, and we have all discussed who this guy is.  So I dont like anyone talking crap about our kids, or our program. So that's my input, and Jacket has had an attitude with Basin all year.

You obviously have me confused with someone else...I haven't posted a thing about Copper Basin until the playoffs...once again...get over your complex...

Listen I don't know BigDave , never seen him at a game.  He might say he likes Basin, but I don't know who he is.  I know most if not all the others, and we have all discussed who this guy is.  So I dont like anyone talking crap about our kids, or our program. So that's my input, and Jacket has had an attitude with Basin all year.

You must be a pitiful soul...you have a personal vendetta against someone you haven't even met...do you wake up in the mornings looking forward to bashing me on CoachT? You can dish out all the hate and dislike towards Coalfield and then you cry like a little girl when someone says something about Basin...once again, you need to go and read ALL my posts...

Hey Bass......so your a politician......great, that essentially makes my point. I can't think of a more "noble" public service than that other than maybe a garbage man, but that would be doing the trash guy a disservice. If you knew me, you'd know my pants don't get in a wad....I ain't got a single reason to come on here and show Coalfield any support since they have long been our natural rival. (Oneida) I believe you did express several times in the MC-GCA site that others making predictions of a score (41-20 and 35-14).....that their prediction was "about right". My guess is that meant that is how you thought that match-up would play out in your opinion. Otherwise, you wouldn't have expressed support of that prediction? As I said, you were a little off in your spread.

About Stewart......he is one kid among 10 other players. There is only so much he is going to be able to do in this game.....he is a kid, although a sizable one, just like the other players around him. I'd expect him to do more than his fair share Friday. Teams have found the best way to neutrulize him on defense is simply to run the majority of plays away from him, and double him on pass plays. Pretty simple and effective strategy.....and it doesn't take a good coach very long to figure it out. He is not a natural defender but somehow he has managed 14 sacks and 24 tackles for a loss (not bad for a slow kid). I met him after our game against them and he seems to be a tremendously humble kid......I liked that sense of humility in a young man. UC should win this game because they have better personnel around Jernigan, who like Stewart can't do it all. I think too much reflection was given to just a piece of the puzzle and not the whole.

Kazam :thumb:

Go back and read sir. I said the only way that game stayed as close as 7 points was if Marion turned the ball over multiple times. I believe they did just that.

I just looked at the enrollment numbers on T$$AA and see that Coalfield enrollment is 182 and Union City is 397. This is what is wrong with class 1A football these two teams should not be in the same classification. I will be pulling for Coalfield a true 1A team.

If UC is classified by the TSSAA as a 1A team then they are a ture 1A team too. No matter how you wnat to slice it. What if all the scools were bigger than Coalfield would they be the only true 1A school? According to your thinking that would be the case. We are 1A until the TSSAA moves us up. That's the facts. Root for who you want. We could not care less.

I just looked at the enrollment numbers on T$$AA and see that Coalfield enrollment is 182 and Union City is 397. This is what is wrong with class 1A football these two teams should not be in the same classification. I will be pulling for Coalfield a true 1A team.

Welcome to our world. We have around 220 kids in the school and have had to deal with lower numbers for years.