CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

I am not saying Union City is in the wrong. I am saying the T$$AA is. A team with over twice the enrollment of the other team in 1A should not be in that class. The gap between the top and bottom is to wide in 1A take a look at how it is done in Alabama.

I hate to start this discussion back up but I ain't had a chance to post in awhile today. If you took UC and bumped them up they would have to play schools with over twice their enrollment, is that fair? If you moved the biggest 2a school to 3a they would have to play schools with twice their enrollment, is that fair? No it's not, but I don't see a solution to make it any closer, we just have to deal with it.

Dadgumit Rudy. I have tried to avoid getting this label all season. I want our program to be respected and right now we come off sounding like a bunch of 1A bullies. Listen up UC posters. This is not a good representation of who we are. I have heard about class ever since I have been involved with the UC program. If we are top dogs and we know it we shouldn't have to be so arrogant. I have blasted other posters for trying to run UC down. But. .....Rudy has nailed some of you to the wall. Let's have more respect and let our boys do what they do. Atlas this is not intended for you. I completely support your support for Jernigan. For some of the rest of you, you all know who I am. I don't hide it. Let's be the classy people I know we have been and need to be again. I remember the first year we won the Title. There were so many people from SP who said we were just lucky. I for one don't want to have that reputation. Let's clean it up. Please.

You're a class act, swo. You guys are very good and anyone who knows anything knows that. I know you all are some dang good people but all of our emotions get the best of us sometimes. I will be pulling for Coalfield Friday but I do hope for an injury free game on both sides and I hope your people have safe travels.

Rudy what team do you pull for? Just out of curiosity.

No one in particular. I know some people from morgan county and pull for them in 1A for the most part. I am just a huge fan of small town football. Heck, I drove just to watch the SP/TC semi finals game in both 98 and 99. I watched oneida win the championship in 92. I have ZERO ties to any of those teams. I just love football just like the rest of you. And that is why we're all here guys. We all, including myself, need to remember that.

You're a class act, swo. You guys are very good and anyone who knows anything knows that. I know you all are some dang good people but all of our emotions get the best of us sometimes. I will be pulling for Coalfield Friday but I do hope for an injury free game on both sides and I hope your people have safe travels.

I met Swo this past week as well as some other posters and I agree, Swo is as classy as they come. I'm not going to bash the other UC posters for being confident in their team, they got a right to be! Most of the negativity against CF was brought up by other teams fans. I don't know if these two have ever played but I've had the opportunity in discussing WC vs UC on three different occasions and we've both won and we've both lost and it's always been respectful between both teams with no bashing, a little trash but no bashing. I know both teams are proud of what they've accomplished and they should be, y'all are the final two in the whole state! Nobody's giving CF much of a chance but it's better than the rest of ours that's teams are playing basketball! Congrats and good luck to both!