CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

I respect Union city. But, this coalfield bunch has taken some lumps and keep on ticking. They have been right there every year for a few years now. UC has talent and has pretty much beaten everyone easily. Coalfield has had to dig deep when they lost several key players early yet fought back to where they deserve to be. Hats off coalfield from this SP Pirate. I am pulling for you, but the odds are against you. But hey, they have been all year so what makes this game any different?! Good luck!

+1

No sir I will not be. I tell you one thing, I will be pulling for the jackets and your boy. I would like to meet you tho, you're a respectable fan that I respect on these threads. Again, good luck to you all

Thank you...hopefully we can meet sometime at one of these great small town football stadiums!

I respect Union city. But, this coalfield bunch has taken some lumps and keep on ticking. They have been right there every year for a few years now. UC has talent and has pretty much beaten everyone easily. Coalfield has had to dig deep when they lost several key players early yet fought back to where they deserve to be. Hats off coalfield from this SP Pirate. I am pulling for you, but the odds are against you. But hey, they have been all year so what makes this game any different?! Good luck!

Excellent post!

I think there are 20 schools that play football that have less than 250 students and 30 if you move the number to 300. Should they play in their own class or something? I'm not really sure what you want the TSSAA to do in this situation.

They just reclassified...the "super 32" (largest 32 teams) were placed in a class by themselves, and all of them make the playoffs...do they deserve special treatment? There are many factors to be considered when dividing classification, and one that I have a problem with them leaving out of the equation is percentage...200 greater students in 1A constitutes a 50% advantage, in the largest schools it would be 10%..."equal" division between classes isn't the most fair.

because they did last time they were in 1a. First championship was in 1922, last was 2013.And lots of championships in between. I don't see that trend ending any time soon. Being moved from 2a to 1a just makes it easier.

I truely believe to say 1a is easier is a incorrect statement! UC,Dresden,just 2 in the west that are tough programs not to mention Sp and several others in the East "Come On Man"Oh and my PHS Golden Tide goes to 1a next year!!!!!!!