CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Off topic technically, but with such a high volume of replies I hope to get a quick answer. What is the parking situation like for the games? I am going tomorrow to watch Webb play (wife's Uncle is a coach there). I was just wondering if parking was free (I know it's highly unlikely) and if not, how much does it cost usually?

I think it's free and there's plenty of space.

I don't think CF will score either from what I have seen. I'm not bashing them but I think UC has too much speed and muscle across the board, CF will have to break a long one to get in the end zone. Now at the same time I think UC will have to work to get their yards which will eat the clock and it will keep the game respectful as can be.

Good post. Nothing disrespectful, just you giving your opinion. CF is going to have to find a way to keep the chains moving. And they will definitely have to force some turnovers.

Good post. Nothing disrespectful, just you giving your opinion. CF is going to have to find a way to keep the chains moving. And they will definitely have to force some turnovers.

My opinion is they need to try and beat them at their own game and try and get those three and four yards a play whether running or with quick two step and pass it, and if I was coaching I would go for it on fourth down every time it was within five yards!

My opinion is they need to try and beat them at their own game and try and get those three and four yards a play whether running or with quick two step and pass it, and if I was coaching I would go for it on fourth down every time it was within five yards!

CF will have to keep their qb upright and keep as much pressure off of him as possible.

This UC team is good, but if you think they could hang with the 97 or 2000 2a state runner up teams or beat the '09 team, i have to disagree. I've played with these boys and I was on the '09 team and 2009 was a completely different animal in 1a. These guys are good, but DO NOT get so caught up in our success that you think they're invincible. We have the talent, but if these boys even think about thinking that we have it in the bag, then we'll lose. The mentality is what wins uc games, not our talent, but going in knowing we're there to punch a time clock and go to work.

Just my opinion, I think if this years team can win Friday, it will be the best 1A team UC has fielded...Reason being is that it will have won 27 games in a row and won back-to-back state titles vs comparable competition...Ranking this team against the 2A squads of 97 and 00 isn't fair...The competition those two teams played against was heads and shoulders tougher than this team played against... Saying this, i'd love to somehow see a 09 vs 14 matchup...It'd probably be the fastest game ever played...LoL...

• Upvote 1

Just giving an observation here. No one has been able to grind the clock on the UC defense all season and opposing team QB's have been under constant pressure. Our defense can start a little slow but it doesn't last more than a series or two. After that they close the door. The offense starts off fast and then speeds up. Guys I'm just saying that UC is not the normal strong 1A team this year. I know that sounds like a wierd thing to say but what I mean is that they are like a great team with a super charged V8 with 500hp engine on jet fuel. But they play physical and tough like an army jeep.

They can turn on the speed or just plow right through you and do all of that on the same play. If you are looking for fancy and finesse you won't find it with this team. They run about 5 or 6 plays and that's about it. It just looks and feels like a lot more with all the options and misdirection that the veer is designed to create. You will see a whole lot of fullback dives and once you start biting on them you are toast on the outside. If you don't bite they are content with just cramming it down your throat and grinding it into the endzone. Once you make a mistake they take advantage of it. The QB is very good and very quick on his reads once he keeps it he will make you pay with his own legs or he will pitch it to one of the two slots following along behind the play. As soon as you creep your DB's and safety up to support the run he drops a pass over the top which usually goes for a score. That's just the offense. The defense is nothing less than brutal. The teams who did score on them this year did so against the subs. I have never seen a more dominating performance by a UC defense than what I saw last week against NCS. The Eagles came in averaging 48 points per game and was limited to 33yards of total offense. I would say that was pretty good. I for one did not expect that. Anyway if CF can figure out a way to handle all of that then they will have accomplished more than anyone else has this year. If you have never seen the midline veer run like a well oiled machine with such an even fluid flow you are in for a treat. The Tornadoes have it down. That's about as much as I ever brag but I guess I had to say a little something along those lines this week. Go Tornadoes.

Just giving an observation here. No one has been able to grind the clock on the UC defense all season and opposing team QB's have been under constant pressure. Our defense can start a little slow but it doesn't last more than a series or two. After that they close the door. The offense starts off fast and then speeds up. Guys I'm just saying that UC is not the normal strong 1A team this year. I know that sounds like a wierd thing to say but what I mean is that they are like a great team with a super charged V8 with 500hp engine on jet fuel. But they play physical and tough like an army jeep.

They can turn on the speed or just plow right through you and do all of that on the same play. If you are looking for fancy and finesse you won't find it with this team. They run about 5 or 6 plays and that's about it. It just looks and feels like a lot more with all the options and misdirection that the veer is designed to create. You will see a whole lot of fullback dives and once you start biting on them you are toast on the outside. If you don't bite they are content with just cramming it down your throat and grinding it into the endzone. Once you make a mistake they take advantage of it. The QB is very good and very quick on his reads once he keeps it he will make you pay with his own legs or he will pitch it to one of the two slots following along behind the play. As soon as you creep your DB's and safety up to support the run he drops a pass over the top which usually goes for a score. That's just the offense. The defense is nothing less than brutal. The teams who did score on them this year did so against the subs. I have never seen a more dominating performance by a UC defense than what I saw last week against NCS. The Eagles came in averaging 48 points per game and was limited to 33yards of total offense. I would say that was pretty good. I for one did not expect that. Anyway if CF can figure out a way to handle all of that then they will have accomplished more than anyone else has this year. If you have never seen the midline veer run like a well oiled machine with such an even fluid flow you are in for a treat. The Tornadoes have it down. That's about as much as I ever brag but I guess I had to say a little something along those lines this week. Go Tornadoes.

There is nothing wrong with bragging about the team that you love. You guys are without a doubt a very very good team.