CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

I truely believe to say 1a is easier is a incorrect statement! UC,Dresden,just 2 in the west that are tough programs not to mention Sp and several others in the East "Come On Man"Oh and my PHS Golden Tide goes to 1a next year!!!!!!!

I believe you could make an argument for either. 2A has perennial 2A powers Marion County, GCA and Hampton along with newcomers 3A perennial power Gatlinburg and former 3A state Champion Austin East along with Rockwood , Meigs County , and Sweetwater (another former 3A) and that's just in the East. The biggest new name in 2A that stands out is Trezevant who is in the 4A championship and has been there several times before if im not mistaken. We also would have had Alcoa had they not opted to play up!

Edited by old24eagle

because they did last time they were in 1a. First championship was in 1922, last was 2013.And lots of championships in between. I don't see that trend ending any time soon. Being moved from 2a to 1a just makes it easier.

I doubt any 1a team will dominate, it'll be a year by year deal. Just tooooooo many good teams in  this new system.

As a former player from the '97 & '00 state runner up teams; I would have to agree with ya as far as best UC team ever. Although in my years we put up a 52-6 record which will be hard to break but very possible; this has to be a little better than us when I played. I did get out of hand on my posts on here and swo you know me better than any of these posters; what I said is just not me. I dont know what it was that made me say things like that. This is a big game; and even if Coalfield has the odds against them in this game its still going to be a battle; and for how long? We will know in 2 days.

Good post, J!

I have watched about every video on youtube about Zach Stewart. I am completely impressed with that kid. Thank God we will have him at UT next season. He will be a force to be recond with on Friday. He is also very humble or atleast he seems to be in his interviews. We will have quickness and speed on our side to help make up for his brute force. It's gona be fun to watch how we deal with this guy.

If any of you CF posters want to meet before the game I will be glad to meet and shake hands. Now if you truely want to meet I will be there. Those hosers from SP stood me up last year. I stood down there in the rain for 30 or 45 minutes and NO ONE showed up. They said later that they saw me down there waiting but just didn't want to stand in the rain. What? It wasn't just raining in the spot I was standing in. Whatever. I'm saying all of this to make a point. If you want to meet please show up.

Since 1990 Trousdale has won the state in 1990, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013. 2001 they moved up to 3a and went to semi-finals and lost to Austin East. 2002 they went back to semi-finals and lost in overtime to Fulton 14-13. Safe to say both years they would have one 1a state title. So, that would have been 10 title since 1990. Be ready 1a, they're Back!

I have watched about every video on youtube about Zach Stewart. I am completely impressed with that kid. Thank God we will have him at UT next season. He will be a force to be recond with on Friday. He is also very humble or atleast he seems to be in his interviews. We will have quickness and speed on our side to help make up for his brute force. It's gona be fun to watch how we deal with this guy.

If any of you CF posters want to meet before the game I will be glad to meet and shake hands. Now if you truely want to meet I will be there. Those hosers from SP stood me up last year. I stood down there in the rain for 30 or 45 minutes and NO ONE showed up. They said later that they saw me down there waiting but just didn't want to stand in the rain. What? It wasn't just raining in the spot I was standing in. Whatever. I'm saying all of this to make a point. If you want to meet please show up.

I'll be there around 9:00...I'd like to meet you before the game.

Id like to say i really respect some of you union city posters. I hope this is a great game i know how talented uc is, but i think it will be a great game even if cf gets beat handle i know those boys will play hard. I think 1a next year will be very tough, also i think 2a will be tough. I do think if alcoa had not decide to stay in 3 a that 2 a would be extremely tough.

I think that there are more overall good teams in 1a and 2a out west than in the east and one reason is fan support a lot of small school in east Tennessee people don't care as much. There exceptions like oneida and cf and a view others. But i think the west tn small schools get better support overall. I could be wrong though

I think that there are more overall good teams in 1a and 2a out west than in the east and one reason is fan support a lot of small school in east Tennessee people don't care as much. There exceptions like oneida and cf and a view others. But i think the west tn small schools get better support overall. I could be wrong though