Blue Cross Bowl: Peabody vs Marion County

BigDave1967

yep I agree. I had no clue of his resume. Great job. That's why it will be interesting. 2 totally different styles

Yep, it's the classic speed vs power matchup. I prefer the smash mouth style personally but I'm an old fart. The read option has worked well for us so I ain't complaining!

That #1 for MC is a Hoss and #21 ain't nothing to sneeze at. We have a couple than can run it a little bit also. Lines look pretty evenly matched although I think Peabody's quickness on the D line may be a factor. Just like last week, I look for the Tide to go to the air early and often, rain or not.

The MC defense is solid in the box for sure. I hope we can get to the edge.

We will also have some Union City folks with us!

Yes sir you will. The Tornadoes are 100% behind the Golden Tide. Man I really like y'all chances. If you can get there offense off the field and hit them quick and often I say you will be bringing home the Gold Ball. Speed kills. Speed is in great supply for Peabody. Roll Tide Roll. (It still hurts to say that)

i don't see Peabody QB having as much time to look off receivers like against a ADAMSVILLE. ADAMSVILLE looked bigger but slow. Marion's overall team speed is better than ADAMSVILLE. However that QB knows how to play the position well and his receivers don't drop. Interesting match-up.

I agree.

He may not have as much time this week.

But pick your poison with this kid. He is one of the 3 players I have watched at Peabody in the last 30+ years that makes me hold my breath EVERY time he runs it.

Yes sir you will. The Tornadoes are 100% behind the Golden Tide. Man I really like y'all chances. If you can get there offense off the field and hit them quick and often I say you will be bringing home the Gold Ball. Speed kills. Speed is in great supply for Peabody. Roll Tide Roll. (It still hurts to say that)

Swo, just say ROLL GOLDEN TIDE! That might take some of the sting out of it!

I have a feeling by the time y'all get finished, the whole state will be under a TORNADO watch. Even Alcoa.

Swo, just say ROLL GOLDEN TIDE! That might take some of the sting out of it!

I have a feeling by the time y'all get finished, the whole state will be under a TORNADO watch. Even Alcoa.

That's the mindset I have as well when it comes to cheer on the Tide! I can't help but wish time would fly by, but at the same time I know it's time that our Tidemen have to prepare! It's going to be a Good one!

Two totally different styles of play. This reminds me of the 2009 SP vs Union City game. SP was quick strike and Union City was grind it out. That didn't turn out so well for us.

Come on my friend. That game could have gone either way. If we had not controlled the clock so well at the end to only leave SP 6 seconds to score I'm sure that Gold Ball would be in SP. In this game Peabody must score on every single opportunity. If MC can grind the clock like my Tornadoes can Trenton must match each score in a shorter amount of time.

Two totally different styles of play. This reminds me of the 2009 SP vs Union City game. SP was quick strike and Union City was grind it out. That didn't turn out so well for us.

Scary thing, that 09 UC team might hold on for a half against this years.

Point taken though. As I stated before, styles make fights. If Marion can impose their will, they stand a good chance of winning. If they can't, it could be ugly.

Scary thing, that 09 UC team might hold on for a half against this years.

Point taken though. As I stated before, styles make fights. If Marion can impose their will, they stand a good chance of winning. If they can't, it could be ugly.

I love my Tide however I dont see this getting ugly .I got to watch the Zeeman kid run the ball and hes as good or better than Ricky Henry ,and he doesnt have the o line of UC in front of him!!!! Edited by peabodypride