Hampton 2015

dogtruth

Let me add it up for you udontknoit2. The tough schedule caused injuries. Unlike Hampton who was playing the pee wee teams each week and their starters never broke a sweat, GCA was busy going tooth and nail with some of the biggest and best schools in East Tennessee.

Looks like the tough schedule hurt them then. Thats the thing with scheduling up, even though it looks like grace didnt even compete in some of those games, you play bigger, more physical teams and put yourself at a bigger risk for injury. So if you play alcoa and maryville and sevier county and get throttled like gca did several times that makes you better? I agree it does if you compete, but not if you get blown out. The schedule is what it is and hampton made it further in the east save one team so i guess they did alright. Where is this'expert' from anyway?

Looks like the tough schedule hurt them then. Thats the thing with scheduling up, even though it looks like grace didnt even compete in some of those games, you play bigger, more physical teams and put yourself at a bigger risk for injury. So if you play alcoa and maryville and sevier county and get throttled like gca did several times that makes you better? I agree it does if you compete, but not if you get blown out. The schedule is what it is and hampton made it further in the east save one team so i guess they did alright. Where is this'expert' from anyway?

Just a dang troll with nothing better to do than belittle people. He's been dis-proven about 100 times but he always changes his tune and starts again. Not sure what his agenda is but its extremely childish.

You might be right.......

I;m not saying it will make a bit of difference, most of those powerhouses were early in the season. Don't think that will make any difference. Them being able to compete with Whitehaven would worry me more than their schedule. At the end of the day ,you are what you are.

And Grace didn't come close to playing the BEST teams in East Tn

I'll say this also ,if SOS has anything to do with the outcome of the title game,you guys are in BIG trouble. Trez played several BIG boys.

I pointed that out to some of my compatriots, they played some good teams and did well.  They also played some bad teams and performed poorly.  Who shows up Saturday?

Marion had a tough schedule but stayed healthy and I think the game day lifting had a lot to do with it. GCA had a tough schedule and unfortunately, due to bad luck and maybe not being as tough as Marion, suffered injuries.

I said more than once that Hampton had not faced who Marion has. Sounds like the QB is an amazing player, but if one guy going down equals a 31 point loss, I don't know what else to say...same with TCA. It's not belittling kids or anything else.

We had 2 key guys out and lost by 28. Neither Hampton nor Forrest was good enough to beat Marion.

COMPLETELY healthy, Dawgs and Rockets were comparable. We got Marion in Rd 2, y'all got them in Rd 4, but the result was the same. That is nothing more than objective observable fact.

Hampton and TCA fans this week have shown unbelievable sensitivity to the slightest mention of their team that isn't overwhelmingly glowing.

Maybe we will see each other next year. I'd be honored for the Rockets to face either team and I mean that. All outstanding programs.

Edited by Amerigha

Many years the strength of your schedule can't be predicted until it is over.  Teams that have winning traditions first and formost come from good stock.  Then they play whoever is on the schedule for that day and don't worry about tomorrow or yesterday.  It is not like Hampton is ducking anyone, they play who they have played for years as do we all, and they have done well year in and year out.  If SOS was the be all and end all, we'all could schedule with NFC South teams and get a friendly with UT. 

And further proof that SOS is overblown is that MC made it to Cookville last year and our schedule was I'm sure weaker than anyone in 2A, we were in a 1A region.  This year with a better schedule we have the same results.  A strong schedule makes it easier for a good team to find and improve their weaknesses, it won't make a bad team good just as a weak schedule won't make a good team bad.

• Upvote 1