TSSAA CORRUPTION!

phil24

So, just trying to understand - why is it necessary to be "recognized" by the NFHS when there is no competition further than the state championship level in Tennessee?  

And I am not saying that both shouldn't be under the same "umbrella", by the way.  Just that it can be set up with the privates governing themselves - have two separate Board of Controls, for example - one made up of public school officials and the other of private school officials.  

The most obvious reason is say you have a team like Maryville win 23 straight state championships, it would not be recognized as a national record if Maryville was not a member of the NFHS. Individual records would be treated the same.  Also, the NFHS could also block you from playing any other "member" school if they so desired.

The most obvious reason is say you have a team like Maryville win 23 straight state championships, it would not be recognized as a national record if Maryville was not a member of the NFHS. Individual records would be treated the same.  Also, the NFHS could also block you from playing any other "member" school if they so desired.

So we should keep the status quo so Maryville can be recognized nationally? Way to think outside of your little box.

So we should keep the status quo so Maryville can be recognized nationally? Way to think outside of your little box.

Way to ignore the overriding message and attack a small portion. Ron, I am in MJ so I would be happy to explain it to you in person. :rolleyes:

The privates do not want to form their own association either. If they did, it would have happened in 1997. TSSAA could very easily initiate a split just as they did when they started D1 and D2. at that time. Why don't you call and ask them why they haven't done that? I guess you would rather whine about it anonymously on a message board. :huh:

Understand on the national records, but I really don't think that's an issue at all.  

So, the NFHS has authority over the state organizations? That's the first I have ever heard of that.   If they are the authoritative organization, then why even have the individual state organizations?  

Same reason you have state governments under the Federal Government. Easier to run that way. They give each state a lot of freedom to rule their particular situations. Some states in upper Midwest play high school baseball in the summer due to the weather. Some play softball in the fall. Each state has leeway, however we all play under NFHS rules in each sport.

Same reason you have state governments under the Federal Government. Easier to run that way. They give each state a lot of freedom to rule their particular situations. Some states in upper Midwest play high school baseball in the summer due to the weather. Some play softball in the fall. Each state has leeway, however we all play under NFHS rules in each sport.

So, the NFHS has the same authority over the individual state organizations as does the Federal government over the states?  

I don't think that is accurate in any shape, form, or fashion.  According to the TSSAA website, the TSSAA is a voluntary member of the NFHS, but nowhere does it say that the NFHS has authority over it.  

http://tssaa.org/about/history/#SCHOOLS ESTABLISH RULES