Division II Class A

Lineman      Brant Mitchell - Webb School of Knoxville

Back             Clay Beathard - Battle Ground Academy

Division II Class AA

Lineman      Drew Richmond - Memphis University School

Back             Cole Euverard - Montgomery Bell Academy

Kicker of the Year

Laszlo Toser - Ooltewah High School

So happy for Kyle Akin to win Mr. Football.  Everyone already knows of his ability on the field.  What many don't know is that he is a quality young man off the field as well.  He is a leader by example at TCA.  I am very proud of what he has accomplished and I am personally honored that I got to broadcast every single down this young man played in high school.  

So happy for Kyle Akin to win Mr. Football. Everyone already knows of his ability on the field. What many don't know is that he is a quality young man off the field as well. He is a leader by example at TCA. I am very proud of what he has accomplished and I am personally honored that I got to broadcast every single down this young man played in high school.

+1, the right guy won Mr. Football in Class A this year. Kyle had incredible #'s and his character is impeccable. He had it all last year as well, glad they finally made it official.

Congrats to Mr. Akin, he made all the diff types of throws vs Trenton: timing, touch, strength, put 2 td throws where only his guy could catch it; well deserving of the award.  With that said, I don't know if rural west tn will ever have a Mr football winner.  sad that these kids get snubbed and middle & east and private school players get all the hype.  I'm obviously not a UC fan, but they have dominated 1A football for 2 two years and no winners doesn't seem right, they could literally have scored 100 point in 8 of their 10 regular season games and at least 2 of the 4 play off games.

Edited by stangfan89

Congrats to Mr. Akin, he made all the diff types of throws vs Trenton: timing, touch, strength, put 2 td throws where only his guy could catch it; well deserving of the award. With that said, I don't know if rural west tn will ever have a Mr football winner. sad that these kids get snubbed and middle & east and private school players get all the hype. I'm obviously not a UC fan, but they have dominated 1A football for 2 two years and no winners doesn't seem right, they could literally have scored 100 point in 8 of their 10 regular season games and at least 2 of the 4 play off games.

There is no middle tennessee, middle is split, half are considered east and the other half west so there has been a few mr. football winners from rural west tn towns.

Congrats to Mr. Akin, he made all the diff types of throws vs Trenton: timing, touch, strength, put 2 td throws where only his guy could catch it; well deserving of the award. With that said, I don't know if rural west tn will ever have a Mr football winner. sad that these kids get snubbed and middle & east and private school players get all the hype. I'm obviously not a UC fan, but they have dominated 1A football for 2 two years and no winners doesn't seem right, they could literally have scored 100 point in 8 of their 10 regular season games and at least 2 of the 4 play off games.

And also, just because a team is dominating don't mean they should have a mr football player on the team, it means they got a team full of good football players. I'm not saying Henry wasn't deserving of the title or Jerrnigan but at the same time you can't take away from what the ones have done that did win.