WILL DB ever be a legitimate STATE TITLE CONTENDER?

37660 - very well put, your frustrations with DB sound what my DB friends have said for years.    The talent has definitely been there (maybe not every year but more years than not).    My only defense for DB's program would be that they  usually play in so many blowout games that are over in the 2nd quarter that it is hard to go deep in the playoffs when you are not used to playing from behind, or just playing hard for 4 qtrs.    So you would expect this new conference to have more challenging games week to week, that should help come post-season.

37660 - very well put, your frustrations with DB sound what my DB friends have said for years.    The talent has definitely been there (maybe not every year but more years than not).    My only defense for DB's program would be that they  usually play in so many blowout games that are over in the 2nd quarter that it is hard to go deep in the playoffs when you are not used to playing from behind, or just playing hard for 4 qtrs.    So you would expect this new conference to have more challenging games week to week, that should help come post-season.

I've questioned Clark's coaching sometimes but I've also seen him be brilliant. I think he has two glaring problems. Outside influence from "Boosters" and sometimes he's a little to nice to opponents. By nice I mean he takes his foot off the gas to often and starts playing the clock. That has been his problem in playoff games. He's to tight. Now his playoff problem is in his head and that makes him even tighter. He needs to loosen up and let it rip. When a coach get's in this condition it trickles down to the players and they start making mistakes. They play tight.

37660 - very well put, your frustrations with DB sound what my DB friends have said for years. The talent has definitely been there (maybe not every year but more years than not). My only defense for DB's program would be that they usually play in so many blowout games that are over in the 2nd quarter that it is hard to go deep in the playoffs when you are not used to playing from behind, or just playing hard for 4 qtrs. So you would expect this new conference to have more challenging games week to week, that should help come post-season.

I've been a fan of DB since I moved here from eastern north carolina and enrolled my kids in DB and have had one graduate and one graduating soon.And what I've seen over that time is enough for me to make the concussion I've made,

I've questioned Clark's coaching sometimes but I've also seen him be brilliant. I think he has two glaring problems. Outside influence from "Boosters" and sometimes he's a little to nice to opponents. By nice I mean he takes his foot off the gas to often and starts playing the clock. That has been his problem in playoff games. He's to tight. Now his playoff problem is in his head and that makes him even tighter. He needs to loosen up and let it rip. When a coach get's in this condition it trickles down to the players and they start making mistakes. They play tight.

I also agree with you're concussion as well.

Disagree completely !!! It's not the competion in playoffs that I have seen in the past several years ,it's been total failure in 2nd half by too many mistakes and going conservative way to early !!! There are a lot of teams that run up scores but once Clark gets a lead "it's time to be conservative " ...it's been a problem along time !!!! Now you saying Clark leaving would cause DB to faulter ...Nah look at our winning record , we can get "about" any coach and the right coach will Win just as much as Clark because of the caliber of athletes in Little K-town !!!

Ex: colquit county Ga had a coach that had been there for ever ,a winning coach but not a state winner ,loved by all but they finally let him go . Well they got a coach and Now their state winners .... It's all about what coach you go after and in Kingsport they will go after "that coach" $$

I,for one, think Dobyns Bennett is doing just fine as a football program. It's just they aren't quite as good as some of their fans think they are. I mean they go atleast 8-2 every year in the regular season and that in itself is a major accomplishment even though it may be against mediocre competition. It's just when they get in the playoffs they get exposed by better teams. And having to get through Maryville doesn't help either! I'm calling it now! One of these days Clark will leave and they will see what having a bad coach is really like. When that happens they will go into a serious decline and they will wish they were still winning 8,9,or 10 games every year and making the playoffs.

Disagree completely !!! It's not the competion in playoffs that I have seen in the past several years ,it's been total failure in 2nd half by too many mistakes and going conservative way to early !!! There are a lot of teams that run up scores but once Clark gets a lead "it's time to be conservative " ...it's been a problem along time !!!! Now you saying Clark leaving would cause DB to faulter ...Nah look at our winning record , we can get "about" any coach and the right coach will Win just as much as Clark because of the caliber of athletes in Little K-town !!!

Ex: colquit county Ga had a coach that had been there for ever ,a winning coach but not a state winner ,loved by all but they finally let him go . Well they got a coach and Now their state winners .... It's all about what coach you go after and in Kingsport they will go after "that coach" $$

I,for one, think Dobyns Bennett is doing just fine as a football program. It's just they aren't quite as good as some of their fans think they are. I mean they go atleast 8-2 every year in the regular season and that in itself is a major accomplishment even though it may be against mediocre competition. It's just when they get in the playoffs they get exposed by better teams. And having to get through Maryville doesn't help either! I'm calling it now! One of these days Clark will leave and they will see what having a bad coach is really like. When that happens they will go into a serious decline and they will wish they were still winning 8,9,or 10 games every year and making the playoffs.

Don't forget that in addition to the Maryville roadblock, DB also has Science Hill. DB may have face them again for a second game to see who makes the trek to Blount Cty for the playoffs. No pushover anymore.

I think in this conference on any given nite you can be beat if you don't bring atleast you're (A) game.Of course until other coaches figure out GQ and Maryville it will just be a battle for 2nd.Maryville has an advantage whenever they step off the bus and onto the field,Its mental from the start,95% of there opponents are beaten from the start just because of the name REBELS on there helmets.But back to you're post,Me personally believe you can throw BCentral and Hardin Valley in the mix battling for 2nd place with DB and SHill.

From what is being posted it sounds like DB is loosing a lot of players quickly ... DB will be battling for 500 if this is true !!! Is this true ?! Who knows!! I would like more insight ...

I think in this conference on any given nite you can be beat if you don't bring atleast you're (A) game.Of course until other coaches figure out GQ and Maryville it will just be a battle for 2nd.Maryville has an advantage whenever they step off the bus and onto the field,Its mental from the start,95% of there opponents are beaten from the start just because of the name REBELS on there helmets.But back to you're post,Me personally believe you can throw BCentral and Hardin Valley in the mix battling for 2nd place with DB and SHill.