WILL DB ever be a legitimate STATE TITLE CONTENDER?

I agree that it would be great to have a whole new coaching staff... but graham is not going no where yet and has made some steps in the right direction this off-season so far , so maybe he realizes the talent he has next year at DB and wants to win !! ;) ....but now for you saying "Carter has figured Graham out" ...nope graham has just had two straight years of 5-6 win teams at best, at the start of both seasons ....its not like these teams where predicted 10-0 like every year past ...

he's going to do what hes done in the past with very good talent,He's going to under achieve and waste some of the best talent DB has had in awhile.

There is another thread on this forum about Murville recruiting a Knox Central player.... has DB ever thought about recruiting? Although it seems like most DB fans are dissatisfied with the coaches, not the players, so maybe recruiting wouldn't matter

They were joking about that. Ppl have been accusing maryville of recruiting for years so they like to pull peoples legs.

Pudding - right on.....     I have heard for decades about how some 5-star player in New Jersey, well guess what, a position at Eastman just opened up for his dad and they're moving to Kingsport.....      These stories always come from those teams on the losing end of a DB game, probably similar to Murville's situation, and of course they are always ambiguous as well

As a followup, if you were a really great player already living in the Tri-cities, wouldn't it make sense to somehow transfer to one of the more successful schools to try and get the attention of college scouts?     You might run a 3.9 40 backwards, but if your team is 1-9 it probably won't generate a lot of college interest

As a followup, if you were a really great player already living in the Tri-cities, wouldn't it make sense to somehow transfer to one of the more successful schools to try and get the attention of college scouts? You might run a 3.9 40 backwards, but if your team is 1-9 it probably won't generate a lot of college interest

D-B, Tennessee High, and Sullivan South typically get those transfer players (who live in Sullivan County). Sullivan Central has been absolutely decimated by that sort of thing over the last 10 years as they are right in the middle of that triangle. With a little research I could probably name 5 to 10 players who were 2 or 3 year starters at the other schools but they lived in the Central zone. Edited by RebRaider85

I think blazer1set's question was a loaded one as well.  DB has been accused of recruiting in NET for a long time as well.  Admittedly, they have gotten their share of transfers.  Trying to stir the pot a bit?  I like it.  ;)

Most, if not all players that transfer do so because of going to a better school and/or better coaches. Central doesn't lose players they run them off.

Winning state championships requires the correct attitude & swagger from the players, coaching staff, parents, community, etc...and I not sure that DB is willing to make the necessary changes that it would require to win at the highest level.  The first thing that I would ask is if you are willing to terminate all of your assistant coaches to allow a new coach to bring in his staff with fresh ideas?  What is the work ethic of the players and would the parents support a mandatory year around strength & conditioning program?  Let's not forget that I am talking about working out on weekends & holidays.  The nationally ranked Byrnes SC program practices on the 4th of July, New Years, Christmas Eve, etc...so I ask the question as to how much crying one would hear from the DB family?  Will the community spend the necessary funds that allow the coach and athletes the opportunity to be successful?  If DB hired the correct head coach and staff of assistants it will be apparent at the beginning but the win/loss record may take a step backwards until a new system is put in place.  Would the community give the new group enough time be ultra successful? Very few people are willing to pay the price that it takes to be ultra successful without some type of instant gratification and I would bet that the DB football community is that way which if fine.  You will not ever win championships on a consistent basis unless you make the painful changes to be a championship program.  Before you run your coach out of town you need to ask yourself the above questions.  If your answer is not a yes to everything you should probably keep what has been described as a good man. 

Edited by cbg

OK,I gave it long enough.First,the topic is insulting enough for any school,much less a school that has won as many football games as DB over the years .It's insulting to those players and coaches that are working their azzes off.DB has been a legitimate title contender with trips to the semi's. Plus all those many voted on titles that don't count these days but everyone else in the state also points out if they have one or several.DB has got to make changes to get back and we all know it but, so does about every other team in Maryville's league.If your team didn't win the 6A title this year,you  have work to do.Will your team ever beat Maryville or will you just be the first,second third runner-up or LOSER .Just saying.if it's so dam easy,we wouldn't all be behind.

To answer the topic question ....yes they will !! two down years ..yes "two" and all the bull crap like carter is better than clark , db is never going to win a title and etc. ! Clark can do it at DB and he already started fixing the issues "one big one" already this off-season !! Clark still turns 5 or 6 win teams into 8 or 9 win teams even with staff problems injuries etc.!!!

Edited by kingindian33