UNION CITY 2015

JDOGG80

Heard Waverly held Wayne Co scoreless but  Wayne Co starting quarterback didnt play.Heard Union City scored 4 touchdowns against Waverly and gave up 6 or 7 touchdowns.May not have been the UC 1st string defense.If it was,Union City may have to outscore some people.

We've out scored the last 27 teams in a row.

Waverly wasn't laying around eating cheese burgers last week. They had a very intensive camp at home. Conditioning went to waverly

Too bad we can't play during the regular season and find out for sure. My money is on the Tornadoes man for man since most of our guys play both ways. I don't know anything about Waverly and don't care. Just saying.

Who is going to be taking over for that monster named Ricky Henry

We have a couple of great prospects we are working with. One is fast and hits the hole hard and the other is a meat grinder. The thing about the veer is that it allows a team to play to their strength. It could be one of the slot backs that ends up being the focal point or even the QB. Of course having a great fullback to suck everything inside really gets things moving while at the same time having a couple of great slots or a QB can open the middle for the full back. Couple that with a strong aggressive O-line and you have a four headed monster right in front of you. The truth is that no one knows exactly for sure who is getting the ball until the snap and then it all becomes a read by the QB. Having a solid QB who can make reads accurately and fast is what makes the veer click. Not having that tool makes the veer just another power running offense that can be easily beaten. I love what we do with this offense but.........there have been times when I wished we had something else to fall back on. But it's been a couple of years. After going 27 and 0 for a while and 2 State Championships I haven't had too much to complain about.

Heard Waverly held Wayne Co scoreless but  Wayne Co starting quarterback didnt play.Heard Union City scored 4 touchdowns against Waverly and gave up 6 or 7 touchdowns.May not have been the UC 1st string defense.If it was,Union City may have to outscore some people.

I sure wish you would go start your own Lake Co. post.  No one wants to hear your crap on here.  You can be satisfied after Union City drills your team time after time and you still think you want to find something wrong with a team that is BACK to BACK Gold Football Champions and has a 27 - 0 record.  Please, you being jealous is very obvious.  Good luck to the Lake Co. Falcons this season.....and NO ....Waverly did NOT score that many times on Union City.  Union City scored at least 3 times within a total of like 11 or 12 plays.

I sure wish you would go start your own Lake Co. post. No one wants to hear your crap on here. You can be satisfied after Union City drills your team time after time and you still think you want to find something wrong with a team that is BACK to BACK Gold Football Champions and has a 27 - 0 record. Please, you being jealous is very obvious. Good luck to the Lake Co. Falcons this season.....and NO ....Waverly did NOT score that many times on Union City. Union City scored at least 3 times within a total of like 11 or 12 plays.

Union City jumped on Waverly the first set of plays. I want to say 3 scores to none. 2nd series was 1-0 Waverly, obviously UC losing their QB in that series could have played a role. I have no clue what happened after that. I saw nothing that made me think UC would not be very strong again this year. Good luck with the season.

Edited by 31ballfan

That's my point exactly P&G. Add to that waking up at 5:30am every day for an early morning run and P90X coupled with weight training as well. Then there is the traditional midnight practice to start the week. So if anyone else is doing this, which I doubt, don't question the conditioning of the Tornadoes. Summer camp separates the men from the boys. When we get into the regular season these boys will have already been through far worse than anything a week of practice getting ready for a team can bring. My oldest son joined the military and went to boot camp almost one year after winning the Championship in 09. One of the first things he told me was that playing football for Union City was more demanding than anything he faced in boot camp. I'm not making that up. I was surprised to hear him say that. Have no doubts UC will be able to play 4 quarters with anyone.